Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

futurelight MH-660 spares

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: futurelight MH-660 spares
    Posted: 25 July 2014 at 11:10am
Hey guys, stepping into the world of moving heads, but as ever have zero budget as the sound takes most my time & hard earned pound notes. So I picked up a couple of Futurelight MH-660 (yes I know they are old & some parts discontinued) nice and cheap, fully working I might add and in incredibly good nic for their age. So I wanted to give them a bit of an overhaul, make sure steppers are all good and free moving, re-lamp etc..
I am Very pleased with them, but like any fixture of this age, they are suffering with ageing optics... lens' are good, but both reflectors are shot..

Does anybody know where to buy the reflectors from ( they are kinda expensive from robe themselves!) There must be a place to buy these trade? direct? as they seem to be the same in all the 250w discharge lights ive had my head in!  any tips?

Many thanks, Jim 

Edited by Jimmer - 04 August 2014 at 8:55am
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 12:05pm
Hhhhmm - at the moment I´m busy fixing up a load of lighting from a discoteque - including some Futurelight DJ Scans. Some may be beyond saving, so could have some spare bits going. Could you post some more pics/details (exact size) so I can see if there´s anything that could fit yours.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 12:52pm
Ok - just had a quick look - the DJ scans don´t have any reflectors Unhappy  but there's a few other heads and scanners I´ve yet to get to. Let you know.
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2014 at 8:05am
Nice one thanks JC, although no doubt if they are well used in a club? then they'll most prob be suffering with the same problem... I'm sure someone here knows where to buy these direct...without the 250% mark up Wink
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2014 at 1:15pm
Haha - yes, no doubt.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2014 at 8:55pm
what sort of price are Robe asking? They're normally pretty ok on spares prices
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 9:00am
Sorry Kevin, only just seen this.. They were asking £18 per reflector and an obscene £48 for one of the lenses that's cracked! I have since managed to source some second-hand bits and bobs to get them running. They have stopped making parts for these now, so really didn't want to spend anything on them. Picked them up for £200 inc flight case and hanging brackets, which I thought was pretty cheap. New lamps and a bit of oil and they are going well now Thumbs Up If they do me 8 or so shows i'll be happy!!

also if anybody has another pair going...
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2014 at 6:50pm
Update..

Got 4 of these now, all sorted and working wonderfully, very happy bunny for the price!

One slight niggle... as I bough them in pairs and not as a 4, a couple of the gobo's are different. Does anybody have any of these knocking about in the shed? or maybe do a swap to get your fixtures matching? let us know

Cheers
Jim
col_b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col_b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 11:10am
I think I have a box of bits for these, I will take a look.
AV, Sound and Lighting and Laser Hire, Sales and Service. www.klsuk.com
col_b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col_b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 6:54pm
Ok, yes I do have parts for these including gobos, and a reflector, let me know what you are after

Cheers
AV, Sound and Lighting and Laser Hire, Sales and Service. www.klsuk.com
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 10:16pm
Ahh great stuff Col, I'm on a festival at the mo so have limited internet, but when I get back on Monday I'll pm you with some details.. Cheers fella
 Post Reply Post Reply