Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get you baby stacks out !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 1:39pm
Took it out for a play & a few pints last night Smile

Sounded much better on the floor than the 300W 15" Behringer cabs the bar was using before, lots more bass (those Behringers are evidently 50Hz at -10dB Ermm), but mids/highs dropped off quicker beyond the floor.

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 2:48pm
Keep them JUST above head hight and aim at the back of the dance floor not the other wall of yhe bar and it keeps the music where it needs to be and keeps the dancers happy and the people drinking dont get pissed off with the "loud" music.

I do like the single cart load in, makes life easy..... wheres your small light rig?
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 10:45pm
No lights yet, I can barely justify owning a soundsystem let alone lighting! Plenty of scanners already rigged in the bar last night though.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 1:30am
I kinda just ment something a little like this....

or this.. 

Edited by mini-mad - 24 May 2015 at 1:39am
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 12:45pm
Yeah but I got into sound & light by playing with huge amounts of very expensive Clay Paky heads & similar, so if I started buying lighting I think I would soon find myself broke!
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 3:59pm

well this is my 'baby' and sitting on what will be part of the baby stack need sum compact monitors to go above the dual loaded subs Big smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 8:12pm
...look, hes a kid, just wack gangnam style through ya bin and he'll be jumpin on it like he's just hit a massive sugar rush and down'd half a bottle of pop (hugh kiddie high!!)
Lets get a butchers at ya bin then, iv been looking for a good double that kicks as well as rumbles.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 8:31pm
had a quick test yesterday i usually run ohm 15" subs which are quite compact these drop lower i gave them quite a bit of juice in the yard will test proper in a venue i wanted sumthing in between my ohm 15" subs and my 18" reflex subs and sum small compact midtops been browsing Smile
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 9:19pm
hey mini these bins i picked up for the price of a couple tins of beans here  http://prolight.co.uk/images//media/SPEA45/SPEA45-um0.pdf?ProlightConcepts=a1d87ffb11e6454e784a81e2c9255fc2 they have 10" drivers dont sound too bad and are solid just beef up the drivers and away u go LOL my son thought it wud be a good idea to drive his cars in all the ports had to take the side off one of the bins to get them out !!!   LOL

Edited by jammin75 - 25 May 2015 at 9:21pm
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 11:17pm
They look nice and compact! Dual 10s? This is the sort of size i was after for house parties. As it seems every time i lend out the tham12 and mycros the bar is running karaoke on the mth30 and THEN some one else wants to borrow a little system and im running out of baby subs lol.

...i remember being 15 and having to remove my little brothers playmobil people from the VCR! Lol
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 11:52pm
yes dual 10's they are compact and solidly built have a nice tone to them they are not too heavy either i also have an active ev subwoofer weighs a ton for its size high power 15" smokes my mates jbl 18" active subs Big smile
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 4:11am
I recently picked up a studiospares fortissimo 15 active sub for pennies... iwill be sticking up pics and and my opinion on it in the next week or two.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>