Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get you baby stacks out !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlmostSalty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2015 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by ArthurG ArthurG wrote:

Salty,

in this cabinet, the biggest and most important benefit of the phase plug is to avoid the cancellation in the mid-range due to the waves hitting the wall in front of the driver and coming back to the cone. 

Yes I use Solidworks

Ah, i think i have heard/read about this shortly at some point. What program did you use to simulate the phase plug? And i am also assuming you've designed the 210 driver from scratch using solidworks.

Had a look at your website, very impressive stuff you got going on!
ArthurG View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by AlmostSalty AlmostSalty wrote:

Ah, i think i have heard/read about this shortly at some point. What program did you use to simulate the phase plug? And i am also assuming you've designed the 210 driver from scratch using solidworks.

Had a look at your website, very impressive stuff you got going on!
I wish I had time to write a 3D solver... But the reality is that I start with AutoCAD, trying to find the best shapes wit measurements at the critical points. Then the 3 best candidates go to SolidWorks for 3D CNC prototyping. Final stage is trial and error, optimizing the prototypes over and over until I'm happy with the result. For IWAC210, I only made 5 samples.

For drivers, we use Loudsoft software suite (FineCone, FineMotor) and FEA. SolidWorks comes in the workflow process at the very end, at the CAD stage.
AlmostSalty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlmostSalty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 3:30pm
Loudsoft, looks very interesting but way over my head, still learning hornresp! Don't expect that i'll start modeling drivers any day soon..  LOL  So you don't go through any simulation at all? Would love to hear it, i don't have much experience line arrays, but that phase plug did catch my eye..
Zeno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 9:11pm
Two weeks ago I tested the JBL 2360 with the BMS Coax at a little festival without using midbins. I was surprised that the BMS was not stressed even when the cutover frequency is 400Hz/12dB.
The flare is easy to disassemble and so this becomes my new baby stack.
Sub is 15" br and located under the DJ desk.

Zeno
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 9:19pm
So you don't like the sound of midrange then
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Zeno Zeno wrote:

Two weeks ago I tested the JBL 2360 with the BMS Coax at a little festival without using midbins. I was surprised that the BMS was not stressed even when the cutover frequency is 400Hz/12dB.
The flare is easy to disassemble and so this becomes my new baby stack.
Sub is 15" br and located under the DJ desk.

Zeno

Very nice!
Which BMS comps are you using?
Also...Subs? What're are you using to play up to the Horns 400hz?

Edited by Shortrope - 01 October 2015 at 8:38am
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
Zeno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 8:04pm
It`s the 4590. The sub is reflex with the Beyma 15G400. Under the DJ table I had 4 of them. I use the big horn since 10 years but always with bass-mid speakers, also on a stand. I always thought that I can get no other sound than "zisch-bumm" without the mid section. But it is not. I like this combi now more than with my Beyma KX12 as I used usually as tops for the 15" subs. If somebody had told me that earlier I would had never believed.
Zeno 
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

This :-) Double 8 inch and double 12.

I like that, do you have any more info on it? :)
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2016 at 4:39pm
Baby stack work in progress....
Turbosound TXD-081 and Cubo12s with el cheapo Dayton drivers.
Sounds whopper, way better than expected.
I'm looking for a low cost 4 channel Amp and DSP to keep the Amp rack diddy too.
Unfortunately the only cheap 4 channel DSP all in seems to be an iNuke and I don't really want to go there.

My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
pdr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 9:10pm
Smile
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

This :-) Double 8 inch and double 12.

That is very nice Smile
TMH Music View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMH Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2016 at 5:14pm

Not so much a mini rig as a pico rig this one!!! Certainly compared to some rigs on here!!! Small but perfectly formed!! Tham 12, Oberton 12B450 loaded, driven by Crown XS1200, mid/tops RCF loaded driven by Yamaha P3500s. Nice little 2K system, for venues up to 150 capacity, with added advantage of fitting into an estate car, with space for DJ stand and disco light rig, or flightcased keyboard and stand!!
Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious
Steve20131 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2016 at 11:09am
What do those obertons sound like?  cheap for 7-8mm xmax

Edited by Steve20131 - 31 January 2016 at 11:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>