Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get you baby stacks out !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michel29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2015 at 10:36pm
12V powered ?
or only 240v for this boom-box
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 6:07am
Originally posted by lost eden lost eden wrote:

I always assumed the MTH would play lower due to being a bigger cabinet, but then I guess it isn't always that straightforward a relationship. Still jealous of those Myrcos, they were always my first choice before I settled for the 8" tops I eventually got!

Theres a fella on here with a pair of 8"FBTs that I Have always wanted to hear as well. "Thou shall not covert!" Lol.
Anyway, took it to the bar this evening and wall loaded it... and i have to say it does give it a bit more depth. I was cutting it at around 130-140ish and it kicks quite nicely. I ran it with a single EV sX200 on top with my xt800 running mids and the pulse running bass bridged. It sounded very very nice. I built the MTH as i wanted the sub to roll of faster. It deffo plays higher then the THAM and with a top hat means i dont need a tripod taking up room and trippin people up.

I may sell this one and rebuild it properly as i DO like its sound. And i have to say for chicks vocals a smaller cone driver for mids sounds better then a 12" driver does. As i tested it outdoors 1st and the bass rolls off way faster then the THAM and with a Mycro6 on top katy perry's "firework" sounded fantastic.

So as a side note MTH's are not rounded enuff to play outdoors as a "full" bass cab.
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 10:47am
Originally posted by michel29 michel29 wrote:

12V powered ?
or only 240v for this boom-box

It uses +/- lines (18V), so just mains powered at the moment. As I said, I made it to go with the laptop as I sometimes go work out on the porch, etc.

I might mod it to be able to run off a battery pack, but no plans at the moment. Easier to run an extension lead, as I need power for the computer anyway.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
GekoMusic94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GekoMusic94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 7:56pm
Nice tidy little stacks there!
This is my baby system. Still amazes me after 3 years of gigs :)
MTH-30 + 2x FBT Jolly 8ra

And i've just got another small (micro) system for background music works in pubs (deep house). It's the thomann's the box pro Achat Mini Bundle (8" Sub + 2x 2x4"tops). It's sounds just incredible for the price and the size! The sub goes actually lower than the MTH! And the best thing is that you can carry all the system with one hand with it's bag ;) nice!

https://soundcloud.com/dj-uber
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 8:24pm
Welcome back!
Heres the man that inspired my tham12+ mycro6 mini system!!

...i would like to thank you by the way. Iv been on the hunt for a pair of those jollys but silly sellers at dumb prices are preventing me.

(The MTH30 is a 50hz horn... the 8" sub prob "goes" to 40 which makes it sound deeper in a bandpass 6 type enclosure)

Edited by mini-mad - 08 May 2015 at 4:15pm
crossed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 1:58pm
Here's my little stack I keep hooked up in the basement.  When I go out for parties I use this x 2.  I have 2x midtops, each with 2x12 + 1.5 and then 4 Cubos.

lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:55pm
Yep, I always looked at that MTH+FBT system fondly as well & wondered if I would ever be able to feign the excuse to build something similar! Hopefully got some friends coming round tonight, so it's in 'dining room mode' which is low cut lower at 38Hz :)

GekoMusic94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GekoMusic94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 3:57pm
Ahahah thank's guys it's nice to see that i've inspired someone ;) nice systems you have there! The pupil has surpassed "the master" LOL
https://soundcloud.com/dj-uber
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by lost eden lost eden wrote:

Yep, I always looked at that MTH+FBT system fondly as well & wondered if I would ever be able to feign the excuse to build something similar! Hopefully got some friends coming round tonight, so it's in 'dining room mode' which is low cut lower at 38Hz :)

.... have the opening facing the corner of the room, the bass will play a little deeper Big smile

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 4:13pm
...can we add another bend into the MTH30 to get her to play a bit lower as 50hz is fine for my karaoke as i dont need stupidly low bass..... but i did love the sound in the garden i just really miss the low-lows.

lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 4:57pm
I tried it with the opening both toward & away from the corner, surprisingly it sounds better away - but then room acoustics can always do some weird stuff!
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by crossed crossed wrote:

Here's my little stack I keep hooked up in the basement.  When I go out for parties I use this x 2.  I have 2x midtops, each with 2x12 + 1.5 and then 4 Cubos.

Nice. Newbies should take note of this, either with reflex or as yours this is really all you need for 100/200 people.  Lovely
It's everything, not everythink!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>