Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get Your Racks Out Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 109>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
backlash View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2010 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by jonminns jonminns wrote:

What's with the amp levels set differently, this should be sorted out with the LMS should it not?
Last night i was getting complaints before i hit any leds on my K6, does that make me better? Wink

The UKP1300 was running compressions in mono on one channel, and monitor on the other channel. We always keep our amp cut back for compression drivers like that.

And I'd say it doesn't make you better or worse, just ultimately as good
According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

Sound Hire
jonminns View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2010 at 5:30pm
Smile only joking 

Fair enough, do you notice any issues running comps in mono but in stereo stacks?
4 ohms is for wimps
backlash View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2010 at 5:49pm
As they were in a mono stack it is fine. Ran mids at 8ohm but amp on mono on the 2100x.

If we run stereo stacks we run it stereo jon, come on... I aint that much of a cowboy!
According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

Sound Hire
jonminns View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2010 at 6:04pm
Not implying you are a cowboy! Going on pics i've seen of your system it's always been stereo stacks that's all
4 ohms is for wimps
backlash View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2010 at 6:24pm
Yep, it depends on the kit we take and what the promoter wants and whats best for the venue. Oh and what is feasibly safe. Right, less talking more pictures

Sound Hire
The Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 9:23am
Sat and Sunday @ Agenda, London. In the back room.....

Do it with love or for love. Now let's kick some ass! [http://www.myspace.com/take2audio]
The Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 9:26am
Dbx crossover in use, Crown on tops and QSC on mids. The second amp rack had the berries switched off, while the crowns were bridged for bass.Smile
Do it with love or for love. Now let's kick some ass! [http://www.myspace.com/take2audio]
The Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 9:32am
Agenda again, the main room...

The two crowns doing mids and tops. Then a bridged Crest 9200 and a bridged Matrix XP2400 doing bass....
The Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 9:35am
Carnival 2009 float amp rack. Crowns on mids and tops, and two QSC PL380 for bass....

djscooby View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djscooby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Bryan M Bryan M wrote:

looks like a smart sound to me jonhWink

same company fella they took over i think it is very nice amps i love my chameleon amp i need to get the other one repaired
Well my wife has kicked me out saying it's over due to my obsession with speakers don't know watt I'm gonna do with no ohm to go to
LSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 12:18am

right my DIY amp rack you can laugh i do LOL 

as you can see its not finished needs some 16amp plugs in the back

highlyunlikely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlyunlikely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 1:35am
a little bit of opus ,friends rack...

Edited by highlyunlikely - 06 April 2010 at 1:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 109>