Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get your Racks out....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148149150 165>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 8:54pm
Just having taken delivery of our first 2 Void Bias V9's i can say we are rather impressed. Had them out last week driving 8 Stasys XV2's outside, with the PLM's driving the Arcline.

[/URL

Edited by csg - 30 May 2015 at 8:54pm
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

As Toastyghost says, there is no DSP on board, only monitoring of parameters such as temperature, mains, load, power etc.

i'd echo Robbo's comments regarding the DBX...

I have seen PKN XE with DSP (FIR filters, EQs, 5s delay..) but actually these are not those type.. :-(
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:30pm
ive not seen one in the field yet...
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:39pm
Me neither. I do not know why they do not sell it widely.

Anyways your Powersoft-ish VOID amplifiers look very nice. Did Void do any tricks with the hardware to optimize output for their speakers?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:59pm
they are in the midst of producing a full range of presets, optimised for their range of speakers. The V9 is a K20 DSP / AESOP. Unlike other manufacturers, the amp DSP is fully available for custom presets for driving other speakers as well. Its a very good move i think.

Its certainly an impressively powerful amp for bass / sub duty. I prefer the PLM's on the Arclines however, but then i have been honing my lake presets for those boxes for several years now. I will take another listen once the Void presets for Arcline 6 are ready.
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 10:32pm
Openess is a very good thing, and I like the K20 on subs because of its well defined character. It is easy and fun to build larger systems with it (I meant the correct phase coherence of pulses).
However I have had not so good experiences with the built-in DSP in the Powersoft K and the mids/high freq. response is 'not so perfect'. Did they do anything with very early limiting and cutt-off of higher frequencies, above 5.6KHz?
4AC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2015 at 8:51am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

Better pic here:

Just needs another K3 in there now.

Pfft…
Powering this lot and more…

I am very curious about your experiences with the Powersoft X-series...
Would you like to share your opinion here? Or can I find this in another topic?
uǝɿɿɐʌǝ6ɯo sı ʇsʞǝʇ ǝzǝp
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2015 at 3:37pm
Just put my little TMS-4 rack on a diet, from SR-707s to this has saved my back loads!!

Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2015 at 3:54pm
Lexon and Thomann combined in a rack.
Ofcourse there are many better amplifiers with s.o.t.a technology, but how are you liking the tsa?
I think i may have asked you before but i am not sure.
Best regards,
Teun.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2015 at 4:21pm
To be honest, the TSA is pretty cool, it only runs 10 and 1", but I can't hear any difference between that and the SRs it replaced so I am happy, I have just bought a TSA 4-700 for the 15"s on my wedges (don't laugh I am using a Cloud 4-ch install amp on the HF that is backed off 5db from the RMX-1450s I am currently using or 15s so I am assuming the TSA will bring things to nearer unity when I get it in the mons rack.

I can't say enough about the SAE, really impressed with it, for £1K you can't go wrong!!

shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 6:01pm
So perfect planning...

Made a little rack to suspend my servers in the loft, all planned out :-

the very day after I buy the bits to hang it up someone gives (literally Gives) me an Overland Neo 2000 loader, so it now sits on top!!!

It has reduced the noise coming
 through the ceiling a shed load and the cat seems happier.....

LOL
AudioSystemsEngineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AudioSystemsEngineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 6:21pm
i'm not sitting under that ! ;-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148149150 165>