Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get your Racks out....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 147148149150151 165>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 6:31pm
it is more than rigged, 4x 2mm steel wires, each with 4x4mm woodscrews at each end and then a safety on both end wrapping the box with the same 4x4x40mm fixings at each end, any one fxing can take all my weight and figure if each one can take me swinging on it, I hit the scales @ 90Kg

A filer, 2 servers, a UPS and loader can't be more than 100Kg...
AudioSystemsEngineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AudioSystemsEngineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 7:22pm
yep - the ropes sound strong.. what are they hanging off ;-)

AudioSystemsEngineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AudioSystemsEngineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 7:24pm
also, the steel cables are attached to the top plank of the rack ?  or  is there a steel frame i can't see in the pic ?  

shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 8:05pm
They are on stainless steel eye things (like you use for a padlock, the staple part of the hasp and staple) hence each end has either 4 off 4x40mm wood screws for the top or 4 off 4x20mm screws to the sides of the rack...

Sorry crap pic, zoomed on an iPhone, but you get the idea, there is a load of bolox about rigging, 1 40mm screw into solid wood will take my weight, so 16 with another 16 as a safety system def will..

I did consider a steel frame but wound my neck it as 18mm MDF is over the top, let alone steel...

LOL

empiresoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote empiresoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2015 at 1:18pm
www.empiresoundsystem.co.uk

http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/Chier_de_Balibari/media/10506891_952719578123513_8310235835699408397_o_zpsgw1vi7iu.jpg. -

Edited by empiresoundsystem - 24 July 2015 at 1:28pm
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2015 at 4:51pm
Thought I might as well chuck this on here! I use this for my mobile DJ stuff. The PLX powers a pair of Hz SB600 bins. Tops are care of a pair of Mackie 450's (MkI's).

Had to do a repair on the PLX, (something interfering with the fan), and the rest of the rack screwsd went in after the pic was taken!

Edited by djeddie - 01 August 2015 at 4:52pm
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Requiem View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2015 at 9:02pm
Old rack and new rack...
Old rack consists of:

3x Void Infinite 8 v2 (one not pictured)
1x Void Kryo K8
1x Void infinite 6 v2
1x Void infinite 4 v2
1x Matrix XT800 (for comp drivers)
1x Void Livedrive
1x Drawmer SP2120 (not pictured)

New rack, SO FAR... consists of 
1x XTA 4 series (4in, 8 out, cant remember exact model)
1x MC2 E-15
1X MC2 E-25
1X MC2 E-45

We are still in construction with this rack, looking to get 2x MC2 E-90's when we can afford it and a nice deep shockproof foam lined wheeled 12u rack, and another drawmer for extra protection! will be a beast when she's done :D

Old rack powered :
12x Void looney bins
4x USB's
6x Csg's custom mid tops

New rack will be powering:
12x Void psycho v2
6x Turbosound Aspect TA500

We still have both systems and racks and are keeping the old one, it was my baby and took me so long to build... New ones only half complete. Weve got the psycho's lined up ready & will have them within a month, and then we just need the new rack and the 2x E-90's to complete the system ;)

Edited by Requiem - 01 August 2015 at 9:05pm
www.requiem-soundsystem.com

Custom Martin Audio WSX, USB & CSG Soundsystem based in Bristol
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2015 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

So perfect planning...

Made a little rack to suspend my servers in the loft, all planned out :-

the very day after I buy the bits to hang it up someone gives (literally Gives) me an Overland Neo 2000 loader, so it now sits on top!!!

It has reduced the noise coming
 through the ceiling a shed load and the cat seems happier.....

LOL

Much as our summers are feeble, how does that lot deal with the heat in a loft. My loft gets very toasty on a sunny day,
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2015 at 12:32am
Hey Requiem,

very nice upgrade's you've done! Just when I think you have one of the greatest systems ever you still manage to upgrade. What you doing with the CSG tops? Selling? And I like ta500 but I like ta890h more :) but all quite expensive! 
We need more SPL!
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2015 at 12:35am
I mean Turbosound Aspect 880!
We need more SPL!
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2015 at 1:51am
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

So perfect planning...

Made a little rack to suspend my servers in the loft, all planned out :-

the very day after I buy the bits to hang it up someone gives (literally Gives) me an Overland Neo 2000 loader, so it now sits on top!!!

It has reduced the noise coming
 through the ceiling a shed load and the cat seems happier.....

LOL

Much as our summers are feeble, how does that lot deal with the heat in a loft. My loft gets very toasty on a sunny day,

Thus far so good, I think the G6 is generating a lot less heat than the 3 G5 machines it replaced and the Infortrend is a lot cooler running than the DotHill FC system I had with 15K drives in....

Given nothing has gone mad so far, I am looking forward to winter when having a warm loft really cuts the heating bill down!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2015 at 7:30am
...i was gonna suggest water cooling but mid 40s is pretty good for a warm loft. How crazy fast and loud are your fans?
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 147148149150151 165>