Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get your Racks out....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154 165>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2016 at 1:51pm
Recently sold my 01V96 in favor of a Behringer X32 rack with Dante card. Also sold my Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 in favor of the X32 rack. Its now my go to interface for measuring, playback, recording and complete mixing. Very versatile system.
Friend of mine has a X32 Producer so the Rack can be used on its own for smaller rigs or stagebox for larger things.
Top to bottom:
Top panel; 16 XLR inputs the first 8 being mirrored on the Harting for a stagebox.  also the standard 8 outputs
middle panel; 6 Aux in and 6 Aux out i decided to put on XLRs as well.
Bottom Panel; Powercon, 2x Ethercon Dante and control data, Ultranet, AES50 A, AES50 B, Talkback, Monitor Outputs.

And ofcourse the Dante to take all the outputs straight into the Netmax.

Edited by Teunos - 15 April 2016 at 1:57pm
Best regards,
Teun.
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECANDLEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 12:25pm
A few weeks ago I came on the forum asking for someone to make me 2x patch panels

2x XLR in , 2 XLR out , 8 Speakon

dlyxover got in-touch and made me 2 of these

They are to go with 2 new amp racks Im putting together

k3+k20 in one and VQ + V9 in the other

and will allow in the future for me to add either another amp to each or me to get an X4 and shuffle the config around a bit

bigger setups I use a midas desk but small setups I can hide an X-Air on-top of the rack out the way and control it with my phone
Motion Systems - Void Airmotion, Airten & Stasys 218 With Powersoft DSP
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 3:13pm

Little install we've just done. Crown XLS and XTI amps off Blu100 DSP, being controlled via Crestron RMC3 and iPad - running Martin Audio CDD10's, CDD8's and CSX212's. 

Also in the rack but more video related, a couple of video sources, an HDAnywhere HDBaseT matrix, Atlona HD scaler and a digital signage player - also all controlled by the RMC3.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 4:48pm

And this one is for the latest job, a sports pub in Brighton. Work in progress!
Crown XLS amps, a Blu100 and Blu-Bib power a load of Martin Audio CDD6's and CDD8's with a couple of subs.

Video wise, Just AddPower video over IP system on a Luxul managed switch, few SkyHD boxes, couple of FreeviewHD boxes, 14 tellys and a few big projector screens - audio and video headed by a Crestron system with iPad control.

DJ-Versatile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Versatile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 5:17pm
I've just used those XLS on small install myself! Not as many as that but I really like them for the money
If you are the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room....
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 6:11pm
We've used loads lately - everyone's got a budget to keep to, and while I'd like to use K series, Ottocanali's or DCI-n's on every job, sometimes economies need to be made!
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 6:30pm
Are the xls reliable?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 7:20pm
I've never had one fail on me, I've probably installed 50+ at a conservative guess.
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by THECANDLEMAN THECANDLEMAN wrote:

bigger setups I use a midas desk but small setups I can hide an X-Air on-top of the rack out the way and control it with my phone

How do you like the x-air? I've been thinking of getting one myself, but haven't seen any in the field yet.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECANDLEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 8:32am
Originally posted by all bass all bass wrote:

Originally posted by THECANDLEMAN THECANDLEMAN wrote:

How do you like the x-air? I've been thinking of getting one myself, but haven't seen any in the field yet.

X-Air is a great little unit and perfect for what I want it for.
I use it to mix 2 or 3 channel inputs so just using my android S6 phone is perfect

But if you were mixing a live show or 4+ inputs id def recommend getting a big screen tablet to be able to use all the fixtures as my phone is way way too small to use any of the channel option quickly

I norm settup the channels from experience before iv plugged anything in so then all im doing is controlling levels.

The sound quality is very good, I used it on Saturday with some disco and funk dj's with a vintage rotary urie mixer and everyone was very impressed with the detail etc

At the start the only issue I had was setting the channels up in a way excited dj's on pioneer mixers didn't rag the channels as I had a few gigs you could hear the channels were being over driven (not something that happens on my small midas desk)

so yeah great unit with loads of great features, use it with a medium to large tablet and youll not be disapointed
Motion Systems - Void Airmotion, Airten & Stasys 218 With Powersoft DSP
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 10:42am
I'd look at the Soundcraft Ui instead of the X Air.
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 11:09am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

I'd look at the Soundcraft Ui instead of the X Air.

Well..yes but no. Xair is very capable and a bit cheaper. UI has some better things , some worse. I've been playing with the USB playback on my Xair and the routing flexibilty is great. My main gripe is no delays on outputs ( for doing aux feeds to delay stacks etc)

.p.
Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154 165>