Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with G Sub

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevesbUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with G Sub
    Posted: 06 December 2004 at 1:07am

I would like to build the G Sub. However, I have connections to get 18 Sound Drivers and Ciare Drivers. 

How would the 18 Sound 18L1400 work in the G sub?  I would imagine that the port lenght would have to be adjusted?

Thanks

steves

stevesbUT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevesbUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 1:10am

In addition, I would like to lower the -3 db point to at least 30-35 hz.

Thanks

Steves

Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 12:26am

You don't ask for much do you?  You want use alternative drivers and you want it to work better than the original design...  Good luck..

Have a look at http://www.eighteensound.it/BR218.htm which is 18 sounds double 18 reflex box plan.  -3db point is over 50hz...

"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
 Post Reply Post Reply