Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show your Rack!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclejam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show your Rack!!!!!
    Posted: 15 July 2007 at 10:04pm

Hey folks show your rack(s)
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 1:15pm
kpippen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kpippen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 8:21pm
My most recent install (on a very limited budget) for the youth center at a local church:

shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 8:21pm
Nice use of the dreaded EP-2500!! 'Fraid tro say just bought a load of them and in a recent test 4 of them running Turbo TSW718 (amps bridged) made a lab 6400 running the same 4 bins sound a like a headphone amp...

:-)

kpippen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kpippen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 8:34pm
I bought nine of those puppies at $278.00USD each... The top six are in bridge-mono (2X6 stereo) for the house,...and the bottom three...one in stereo and two in parallel drive four monitor-outs to six floor boxes... Those amps simply can't be beat for the $money$...Wink

Kevin

Edited by kpippen - 30 July 2007 at 8:36pm
gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 1:24am
that beats many music venues really, love the way its all been installed.

only thing that would concern me, is the rear of the amprack being so exposed, and the length of speaker cables from booth to FOH. couldnt the amprack have been placed locked up somewhere up front>?

oh yeah, no need for heating now you have an 18k fan heater
kpippen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kpippen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 2:16am

Hello Gingerbiscuit69,

This church purchased and converted an old Wal-Mart department store so I decided to modify and use an old aluminum network rack that was left behind... I definitely agree that the amps should be close to the loads, but in this particular case there was not a better location to install the rack... I ran two pairs of high performance 10AWG oxygen free copper speaker wired in parallel to one side of each termination point, and 13AWG speaker cable between the amps and each speaker to the other side... My total insertion loss was less than .02-ohms between the amp and speaker at every location!...Smile  

This picture shows a close-up of the main terminal box before completion...

Kevin

Edited by kpippen - 31 July 2007 at 5:05am
gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 11:12am
looks very tidy! good stuff!
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 3:48pm
SO that is why cable prices went up in the UK you bought all the copper up for your install...

top Job...

Smile
kpippen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kpippen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 4:00pm
I bought "copper futures" just before the purchase...LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply