Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C-Audio SR707's in bridge Mode?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuivenion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C-Audio SR707's in bridge Mode?
    Posted: 25 July 2007 at 6:46am
Hi,
    I own a C-Audio sr707 and i was thinking of running it in bridge mode at 4 ohms running 2x 8 ohm fane collosus 15xb reflex bins. As these are now fairly old amps i was wondering if any of you guys had any idea how reliable this amp is  running this sort of load and how they sound while doing it.
cheersWink

help!!!!!!!!!!
Rockin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 10:39am
Yeah the amp will run the load and give out about 2200w into a 4ohm bridged load. The driver will take it if you dont go pushing the amp to the max. Not sure how hot the sr707's get. Cooling is something you should think about when running any amp to its max like this. If it gets too hot, then you need to reduce the load or upgrade the airflow around the amp.

You will notice a big difference from the bins running bridged. A lot fatter bottom end even at lower levels
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Rockin Rockin wrote:

You will notice a big difference from the bins running bridged. A lot fatter bottom end even at lower levels
That's the buzz that's got me deciding to try bridge mode.

TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 5:31pm

get your c audio modded up i think you get between 2400w and 2800w

all to do with the power supply and other skullduggery but it works

sr606 and 707 that is

IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
cuivenion View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuivenion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 8:59pm
Is it still possible to get them modded? the amp i have is an sr606 upgraded to an sr707.
help!!!!!!!!!!
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 2:07am
Used these amps a lot on the old TMS rigs... First thing to do is crack the lid off and short out the FAN bi-metalic switch so the fans run constantly, NOT the thermal one! We used to run these with a 1U gap in the racks, or stood on bit of 1"x2" for install use to keep them cooler, this is a brick-sh*thouse of an amp... watch your phasing in bridge, Ch1 red is pos on the binding posts the later (speakoned) ones had a third (upsidedown) speakon for bridge out... Generally for any thing below 300 hz if it ain't clipping it aint a prob with decent spec drivers...

:-)

cuivenion View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuivenion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 5:30am
Cheers for the info guy's, still wondering where i can get the amp modded though, how much would this sort of thing cost?
help!!!!!!!!!!
H.. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 8:04am
replace the fans, the orginal ones had a nasty habit of getting stuck (naff bearings) many times at a gig having to 'chicken stick' the fan into life by sticking a cable tie into it - kinda like start an old prop bi plane.
Seem to remeber there's one or two big white resistors near the front of the amp that used to die if the amp got too hot.
Not a bad sounding amp but small by todays standards.
 Post Reply Post Reply