Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interview with Void Inf8 MKII

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 12:11pm
And how come you didn't know one bin was out of phase. I can tell from 100 meters if a bin is out.

This is a good thing to do for every one on every gig. Run some music though the system and put your head between sets of bass bins. If the sound appears to come from the middle of the 2 bass bins its in phase. If the sound seems non direct and like its hitting you from far to one side then its out of phase. Do tests with an LMS and 2 bins when you have time and get accustomed to what in and out of phase sounds like. Having 1 bin out will reduse the whole stcaks perfomance by up to 75%. So if you though it was good that night wait untill you hear it 75% louder.

Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 12:16pm
Rog, some questions for you about the inf 8.

Can you explain Parallel mode to me? In this sense and the sense that the Crown Macrotech series apply it. I'm confused.

Brigde mode basically turns the whole amp into a monobloc. Easy. I get that. I also get that the inf's parallel mode is different to the crown's. But why does crown's parallel mode allow 1R loads?

Also, why does the inf have 4 speakons at the back? All of which were connected in Mark's rack. Could someone draw me a picture?
Thanks
/Jho
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
Bryan M View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 3:56pm
We were late arriving for the night (pitched up at 9 and they had already started letting people in lol) so we rushed it in and got the rig up stairs going, labs and looneys, then had to disappear down stairs to plug the noise control and sykos in, a combination i am really warming to.

At first i presumed the sound was different due to the drivers being new so i just left it to settle down and went to keep an eye on the rig down stairs and have a few bottles of 50p booze!

Everyone seemed really happy with the sound coming from the looneys so i made a decision to leave them as they were that night and have a look at them in the morning back at the lock up as the backs were right up against a wall and there was a alot of drunk people that would of hindered my work.

I had soldered every single connection on the cabs and was 100% confident with my work so it didn't even cross my mind about 1 of the drivers being out of phase, but as it was getting dark and a couple of helpers had joined the frantic rush to get them finished i can see how it happened.

oh well we live and learn.

Good work on the lights on the front though rog, it looks mental when it  powers up! A few comments were made about a couple of the LEDs, something along the lines of "pink" and "gay" but personally i think it looks the nutsThumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12