Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Here is the original EV T18 Plan!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 6:15pm
Once I dj'ed behind a stack of 8 T18 bins. Almost got deaf. Nice cab but what I realised is that
the sound behind the cab is probably just as loud as the front of the cab.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 8:18pm
Yep, used to turn them to face wall in small venues, mad.

I stacked four of these as per my previous post once, loaded with Celestion G18q oldies, cone out, powered off a PPX900 crossed at 250. I can honestly say it was too loud to be anywhere near without pain. Not saying Hi-Fi, but properly loud, girls complained.

Edited by nickyburnell - 20 May 2015 at 8:20pm
It's everything, not everythink!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 8:19pm
double post

Edited by nickyburnell - 20 May 2015 at 8:19pm
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by bruce@bluff bruce@bluff wrote:

Will not go above 150Hz

I was hoping these could had satisfied my desire to reach upto 180-200hz min.
I'm looking at all of these Ev "sub scoop" designs (sb180, mtl-1, T18 etc) to see which one can play from 70-200hz.
Looks like I might have to build some Martin F1b's instead.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 9:37pm
Hate to admit this but Soundlab crossover we had as youngsers (sort of) was 500hz crossover and T18 were OK. It was 1985 or so but twas OK
bruce@bluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 10:57am
Which would be better in the T18? PD1850 or Fane 18XB  
Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 9:53pm
@ Bruce, sorry man, which amp is that?

We run 12x t18. We only cross them to mth1's at 160hz. 125hz down around 3-6db on the grapic. All other mid highs not higher than 110hz. Above 200hz they sound horrible.
www.aggressiveaudio.co.za

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 12:36pm
Hi Hugo haven't decided on a amp yet. But I'am looking to load the boxes with Fane 18XB, just checked
with PRO AUDIO they no longer do Fane probably due to our poor exchange rate. PS do you have the plans for the 10inch mid/horn that goes on top .    
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 7:28pm
The mth1 or the older smaller horn? The problem is the phase plug. Without that and dl10x's its wortless. Can just as well build some omni tops, lol. Pm me your email

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2015 at 6:42am
Thanks Hugo, just found a pair complete with MTH 1 tops lying in the basement of the City Hall looks like they been there for a good 20years. I will make an offer to purchase them, but oh the red tape, they would rather leave them in basement to rot away/be vandalized than sell them to me. They look like they where made locally by Pro Sound as the MTH1 is attached to the T18 to form a complete speaker. Anyway perhaps I need to offer someone a Johnny Walker Blue Label might be the only way to get them, if they are worth that. e-mail is Bruce.Lavender@durban.gov.za      
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2015 at 12:37pm
That sounds like the 1810H-ER. The Mid horn is very simple to build. The problem is still the phase plug. I'll send you a mail...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456