Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Idle Scoop Thinking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Jhodas Jhodas wrote:

Just fiddling with HR, how did you get that plot Jake?

heres the input screen
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 1:31pm
bear in mind that the input voltage was incorrect and the chamber size is incorrect!!

heres a screen shot with those two figures correct (as far as i know)

josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 5:39pm
i need a starter on akabak, if someone could send me a script for say a super scooper or 1850 horn i could learn how to use the software better by working out how its done from that.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 12:49am
jake F

you have put the specs in as a straight horn again?

if you put the correct numbers in you will find that the first part of the horn (baffle piece) comes up as a caution (warning)

its saying that the baffle is too steep on the HOG, don't suppose it will matter that much in sound but won't be perfect

i'll get me laptop and and put it up on the screen for you
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 2:06am
the caution could also be that Ive used EXP instead of Hype

the HOG looks like hyperbolic

starts off at a slow rate then expands rather rapidly 
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 8:51am
hmmm, i didnt even look at those screen shots before i posted them, i thought i modled the HOG as 2 straight sections and 1 exponential section, i might have posted an old screen shot.

I only posted it so people could see how i got my results, and i know its not spot on it was just for me to mess around with.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2014 at 5:13pm
Some simmed this as a tapped horn (which probably wasn't possible when this thread was going) Anyway, here it is for further confusion:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/223132-fane-xb-18-hog-scoop.html
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
Jhon DKJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhon DKJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 10:07am
Amigo buen día apa me gusta mucho esa cabinacomo seria las medidas para componente de 21" de 4000w
Si quiere hablemos por jjsoto17045@gmail.com
O por wthapp porfa
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345