Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G subbbbb - advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G subbbbb - advice
    Posted: 21 March 2005 at 2:13pm

ok so first of all ive never done this before i just wanted a mad sound system for partys n stuff. i copyed the plans for g sub and the box is ready :) but i have just a couple of questions, if u any of u can help me out?

1: say the box's volume is slightly out say one of the sides is a cm too much, will it make a differnce? and how?

2: im not rich, what happens if i dont use the speakers it says to use and i use Eminence Kappa 18 500W 18" Driver  instead?

3. what just happened to my font?

4. what power amp would u reccomend i use? considering im on a tight budget.

if ppl could help me out n gimme some advice itd be great

thanks

ash

Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 3:36pm

A small change in volume shouldn't matter too much.  If the sides are no longer parallel, then that is a bonus, as it will reduce standing waves.

Different drivers can make a big difference, not always in a positive way.

Depends on the number of people.  Some folks buy really big amplifiers to power a number of subs.  I tend to use amps as I can lift them OK.  A smaller amp can always be used for lesser duties later on, like mid-range, for instance.

Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 4:14pm

Buy the PD's. 

It's cheaper in the long run as you won't have to recone them...  The box was design around them..

If you're really really on a budget, buy a behringrer EP2500.  They are less than £200 and if you run it bridged it will give you 2.4k into your sub...

Personally I'd buy the PD's and cut corners on the amp by buying a behringer. 

"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
Jez_Ultra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jez_Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 10:42am

When I lasted asked Pro Audio Parts for a price on a pair of PD186's they quoted me £440 delivered.  The RCF L18P300 are cheaper price, and will not suffer from the slight power dip at 50Hz. 

Post Reply Post Reply