Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multiple amps in same freq band

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass traffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:44am
Yeah I've been wondering about using different amps for the same signal, think perhaps same make and model is gonna be best if I daisy chain them. Looks like I'm gonna have to get in more debt to the bank and buy even more amps!
malc01m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malc01m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2011 at 11:18am
I'm amazed no one has thought to mention XLR line splitters as the solution. I use a relatively cheap linesplitter from Stageline , LSP-102 .... These don't have major electronics involved in their circuitry so this cheapo product is in fact robust and does the job of providing a proper signal to the amps with no confusion...

http://www.stagebeat.co.uk/P/111153/Stage+Line+Line+Splitter+LSP-102+251680

A bit of shopping around and they can be acquired much cheaper than this...

Edited by malc01m - 14 December 2011 at 11:32am
HighGradeBlazer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HighGradeBlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2011 at 7:09pm
This helped me a lot cheers!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2012 at 4:30pm
I hate to start confusing anyone, but what about amps like Crest that use pin 3 as the hot. That´s going to be fun for anyone doing direct amp to amp links. Best thing is to keep to one brand of amp per rig unless you really know what you´re doing! Confused

EDIT: maybe that should be old Crests - like when they were Crests and not Peaveys! Smile

Edited by Earplug - 04 January 2012 at 4:38pm
grazzeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazzeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 10:13am
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0002E57D4/ref=asc_df_B0002E57D48462657?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B0002E57D4

simple and effective... turn your X2 outputs from your cross over into X6...
colinmono View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by grazzeee grazzeee wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0002E57D4/ref=asc_df_B0002E57D48462657?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B0002E57D4

simple and effective... turn your X2 outputs from your cross over into X6...

Of course that will work, but daisy chaining is a much cheaper solution (or Y splits if you have no link out on your amp inputs).
grazzeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazzeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 3:56pm
from experiance splitting the cable reduces the signal volume and quality...

also with the board you can control the volume of each output.. so if your amps are all differnt you can run them all on full then control the volume into each amp indavidually.
colinmono View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 8:17am
Originally posted by grazzeee grazzeee wrote:

from experiance splitting the cable reduces the signal volume and quality...

Interesting. If I understand the theory correctly, with modern(sih) gear with low output impedance and high input impedance, the tiny drop in level from splitting is not significant (i.e. barely measurable and almost certainly not audible)... and this is borne out by my experience.

Whatever works for you I guess. For me, once less component in the audio chain is a good thing.

redfire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2013 at 9:03am
We use one of the Berri splitters in our sound, and can well recommend them..

2 in, and eight out (a direct stereo "mix" out, and six individual, gain controlled channels).. 

Thumbs Up
bosbacs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosbacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 10:13am
Distribution amplifier is what you need.
Thanksalot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345