Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

scoop vid i found on youtube

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scoop vid i found on youtube
    Posted: 06 July 2009 at 6:36pm

Jah Massive preparing for THE ROYAL DUB QUAKE

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Caeraphym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caeraphym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 11:06pm

Hmm...

Could someone explain the reasoning behind those massive sealed boxes contain one lowly/lonely 12" driver? They can be seen dragging one in just before the video cuts out.

Other than that looks like it was set to be a nice dance, certainly had plenty of systems there, with enough running Supers I presume.

EDIT:

Here^^^

and here^^^

Edited by Caeraphym - 06 July 2009 at 11:18pm
Meshakroots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meshakroots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 4:40pm
Good question. My guess would be that they made it like that just to have a level plane to put more speakers on top of, but why not load it with 3 or at least 2 x 12"s?

on another note,
I have learned alot on this forum. From coming in here not knowing anything, deciphering all the technical words and phrases, to having a basic understanding of how things work. I thank all of you.
Respect,
Chris Meshak
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 4:45pm
I think the reason is economic....they have another sealed box loaded with 3 12" so....when the have other mony to buy other 2 12" they cut the baffle and mount the driver. just hypotesys
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 5:54pm
theres nothing economic about wasting wood on a box that big. It's purely for stacking reasons i reckon. 
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 8:44pm
maybe its a coffin
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 10:42pm
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

theres nothing economic about wasting wood on a box that big. It's purely for stacking reasons i reckon. 

stacking for sure but...we don't know anything about the internals don't have the confirm that they reduce to 1/3 the rear chamber. However I agree that should be better build 2 2x12" or 4 1x12" than 1 3X12" and the same box loaded with a 12", but if you divide the rear volume of this box in 3 part in order to upgrade other 2 woofer doesn't be a wasting solution IMHO.

Dub Defector View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dub Defector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 9:14am
some more of the same sound with the single 12 in a big box:

Rough Every Time... http://www.dubselector.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply