Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin F1 Bass Box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a1olsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:59am
Hi daniel,
I can indeed tell You more about the 291 and just hope moderator is OK with this or will otherwise consider allocating a new tread if deemed necessary. We did come from F1 system boxes somewhere back along the line after all...
I think I just had the pleasure of making Mr. Storck's acquaintance in connection with a Søs Fenger gig at Limfjords teateret på Nykøbing Mors. She actually played for the audience on 2 x 2 291's and 2 x C118B bass bins as well courtecy of my local agent (and very good friend) Mr. Madsen Mix Mors. The comment's I heard was only very positive...
The 291 is a basic 2-way d'appolito design concept, employing  2 of 11"/2" VC very special Hand build drivers around a modified 1" comp driver, mounted on an in house designed and made CD 60x30 (almost) ConRadTM Hornflare (ConRadTM is short for: Conical Radial, which quite well describes the flare expansion rate and the phrase is most certainly 'coined' and vigorously protected from here!), in a slim wedge shaped box, thereby facilitating most Sound Reinforcement uses incl. foldback monitor wedge. (This box will say; probably play 8-9 out 10 of your average small to medium size live gigs... A pair will on their own, be suitable for vocal and acoustic orientated sound material going up 2wards 350 people with reasonable SPL, in say a bar/PUB and with C1FSB accompanying subs, more electric orientated 'stuff' can be accommodated, as well as being the perfect easy transportable disco rig.
The 291/C2B1 concept is basically very simple incl. the build in passive x-over function with Halogen protection, but a lot of effort has gone into making this as well as possible performing, with individual for each other tailored components, which in a synergetic fashion makes this into quite a 'magical' product... Marketing bull sh*t you might say if you like, but it's true and as an example the 11" unit's software parts is all designed and manufactured with this in mind IE. the chosen cone with it's profile, is a specially completely treated/dipped paper composite utilizing man made fibres. The spider/suspension and edge surround is researched, designed and tooled in house and so is the voicecoil. I could go on (and on) about the attention to detail here.
The voice reproduction from the C2B1 is extremely articulated without ever getting aggressive or harsh sounding (within it's working limit's of course) and the HF is very extended and detailed. The voicing furthermore stays perceptively the same regardless of working SPLevel. In other words, the box does not change sound character image with SoundPressureLevel. Mr. Storck's rig happens to be my old Nucleus demo rig - The flares on the bins should be smooth and the HF JBL 2441's modified with Radian diaphragms and Beyma TW's, which should facilitate high end frequency extension beyond the scope of at least my hearing... Hopefully Your experience with the system(s) is along the same lines. They should intendedly all sound and share the same characteristica IE. that being none at all preferably in a perfect world, so we can start listening to the music - oder?
In the C2B1 mk2 and the latest LF neo 'light weight' C2B1 mk3 version, the HF actually extends to something going 2wards 27kHz with a quite heavily modified OEM 1" driver... I'm happy (and confident enough) to upload a 'naked driver on horn response b4 being mounted and x-over'ed in the box.

Hope this is helpful info, if you like some more then just ask..
CheersBeer
'Dr' O

Edited by a1olsen - 27 October 2009 at 4:03am
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Ibex Ibex wrote:

a1olsen, a noble point that you are sharing your knowledge you have made in corporation with dave martin!

Does this phaseplug of the F1B look similar to the one from mykey's Brute 45?

Brute 45 Phase Plug
Did the phaseplug operate to extend the upper cut-off frequency?
Was a lot of processing required to get a flat response down to 50 Hz?
Did they work in singles too or was it necessary to stack them?
What about the horn path length of the F1B in comparison to the F2B, because the F2B had a cut-off of 38Hz. I would assume that it was shorter than in the case of the F2B?

Are there any non-processed response plots available of these cabs?
aussehen

I dread that the Celestion 18" isn't available any more. What would a adequate replacement driver be?

Sorry annoying you with a armada of questions!
I'm a real fan of those designs of the days when I was young!

Discovered a Martin Audio Spares catalogue that lists the Martin Audio DLS111 Driver has a current replacemnet driver for F1B.
If this is the case, then all we need is accurate plans for this baby.

Any accurate plans available?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345