Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

behringer ultragraph pro fbq6200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: behringer ultragraph pro fbq6200
    Posted: 26 March 2010 at 1:59pm

Has anyone had any experience with the behringer ultragraph pro fbq6200?

Whats the sound quality like?

is there any better units offering similar features?

any advice would be much aprieciated

Cheers
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2010 at 2:13pm
I have several of them, they are "alright" I ripped a DBX 2u dual 31 band out and upgraded to the 6200 but TBH they are not ideal for FOH duties, the problem is the £550 gap between a FBQ and a BSS Opal which is the next step up, then you go to nearly a grand for a FCS960 and then £1100 for a DN360.

The KT Square One stuff is average at best and the graphics are doggy poo, the DBX offerings just aren't worth the money, you are paying a lot to loose the behringer name and gain nothing else.

Bonza, LMC, Crystal Pro and the other often have 360s or 960s up for about the £350 mark. I know Subfrantic are shifting some Opal units at the min so they maybe worth a punt but if you only have £200 budget the 6100 is the best of a bad lot.

BTW the yamaha 2030 (I think, 2U job) was doggy poo 20 years ago when it cam out and is still a true stinker today!!

:-)

levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2010 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with the behringer ultragraph pro fbq6200?

Whats the sound quality like?

is there any better units offering similar features?

any advice would be much aprieciated

Cheers

I had one of these for quite a while.

Best selling points about these  are all the features packed in, not sound quality, which is acceptable, but not impressive.

Sold mine because I grew out of it, and had too much behringer in my rack.

I prefer to have Rane/DBX eq, and decent separates, as opposed to everything packed tightly into a box for budget.

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
philw44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philw44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2010 at 4:00pm
I wouldn't go for that Behringer unit.

In my experience:
- It colours the signal which is particularly noticeable at the treble end of the spectrum
- Accuracy / width of the bands? In the same room with the same system a 2band cut on the Behringer was a one band cut for the DBX
- Reliability issues. Most of these units i've seen / worked with only ever have one channel working!

DBX231 or even DOD231 - better units in my opinion

Edited by philw44 - 26 March 2010 at 4:03pm
Ray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2010 at 2:11am
Cool,

cheers for replies

Cheif_Stringer_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheif_Stringer_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 8:10pm
Im thinking about getting one of these for a little 2.1 tv / ps4 setup consisting of 2 monitors and a sub and im wondering is the subout crossover an actual crossover for both the sub and the speakers or is it marely a cutoff for the sub only? it wasnt until yesterday i tested the plate amp with speakers connected to its output and realised the cutoff knob on my plate amp i bought for the sub only affected the sub output
"nice one matee"
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2016 at 11:06am
the FBQ range is an improvement on the old GEQ but still not great. audible colouration of sound even with no EQ applied. the DEQ1024 sounds good and has lots of features but they have discontinued it. wonder why?

PP
 Post Reply Post Reply