Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SSL Event Gallery (Sols System)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SSL Event Gallery (Sols System)
    Posted: 29 April 2010 at 12:36pm
Thought I better start a gallery. 

I will post some pictures of older rigs but here is a picture of my current set up.

ssl event sound

burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 2:37pm
What are those tops?
Looking pretty powerful by the way.
music is the message
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 12:14am
fair play Sol its a monster, two more X's i see there.  
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 9:17pm
Thanks, Ye Some how managed to pull the cash together for another pair, just slightly too late to get in on the spring festivals though, sounding great, 4 stasys X are considerably louder than 2 Wink

The Mids, bass and Tops are My Modified EAW DC2s, Originally the mid/top sat between the two 15inch drivers. I split them up. the double 15s are built with the same internal volume and similar bracing.

The mid top is amazing and has no problem keeping up, really nice sound two, crisp and clear. I feel the double 15s are at there max when playing above 4 stasys X. I will be getting some Stasys 3.2s as soon as funds permit, which could be a while.

Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 4:06am
Sol whats the box which the tops are sitting on ? ,the one with what looks like a port on the side.
Spanking looking stack!!!!!!!!!!!Thumbs Up
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
LSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 1:28pm
they look like homemade anglebords and the ports for ratchetstraps
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by LSS LSS wrote:

they look like homemade anglebords and the ports for ratchetstraps

Thats it.

Those are for when the system is stacked with just two Stasys X, give a bit of extra hight and aim the sound back down to give a more even coverage.

I am in the process of building another set that will not elevate the tops, for when it is stacked with all 4 stasys x.

I'm also building a set of boards that will allow the speakers to bolt together, so no more unsightly ratchet straps.

The tilt boards work very well, I wouldn't normally face the two mid tops straight forward in a mono stack like this, 90 degree dispersion on those tops, so the combing is quite audible in this configuration.  

Edited by Speaker Sol - 02 May 2010 at 2:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply