Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BBQ PARTY RIG!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angrykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BBQ PARTY RIG!!!!
    Posted: 29 April 2010 at 8:34pm

I've just sold my house so I guess it was only a good idea to have a party last sunday and piss everybody in a 100ft radius.  I'm only just starting out so it's nothing amazing but i'm happy with what ive got.

One of my home built 184 subs loaded with a PD184 driver and two JBL 2206hpl's and one JBL 2446 comp. C 2 650 driving bass with a W Audio 1KA powering mids 1ch top 2ch via a DBX Drive rack PA.

Both 184's stacked ontop of one another and the jbl top. Load a nice bass heavy cd, turn up and enjoy......(that's my lanky arse mate in the photo)
 Build Pic of my sub, i've added foam fronts to hide the ports. I'm wanting to build another 6 so I have 8 in total. Not bad for a first attempt if I do say so myself!

luke_0301 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke_0301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 8:45pm
looking good,have you had them comps running yet?
more bass please
angrykid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angrykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 8:56pm
Hi Pal. Hope your well? Yep their the comps you sold me and they sound great I'm just waiting for an ivite to get them out at a party. Only problem i've got is weight, two 2206's and the comp= heavy. Thumbs Down
loonie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 5:45pm
Thought this may help:

Edited by loonie - 02 May 2010 at 5:46pm
Team DB
loonie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 5:47pm
Do you find moving your cabs a little difficult with non swivel castors? 
Team DB
angrykid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angrykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 8:18pm
Ha! Yeah. School boy error! I'm putting some swivles on them as I had a gig at Sian House where the car park was a mission away and realised my mistake! Thanks for blowing up my pictures i'm not the best with PC's.
Joe Average View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Average Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 10:20pm
Like what you have done with the IK's Looks good. Given me a nice idea because mine were about to be scrapped.
angrykid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angrykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 11:46am
I was seriously tthinking about buying your pair but I think that might of tiped my misses over the edge with the packing of the house. They sound doggy poo hot for the cost of them.
Joe Average View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Average Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 12:44pm
I am going to try somthing with the trap ones, 2206 in the bottom, 8" in the middle on a horn with a phase bung and then CD in the top chamber (BDM 750 on a 2308 horn) possible a coaxial bullet in the middle as well.
Will post as soon as I have somthing solid made up.

angrykid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angrykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 9:44pm
Let me know how you get on pal, sound's like a monster idea maybe your onto something. They should look quite horny as well! I'm trying to decide if I need another pair of tops or more subs at the moment? Maybe i'll hang on till your done and rip you off if their any good. Wink
angrykid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angrykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 9:45pm
Oh and if you'r gonna scrap your IK's i'll have em!
 Post Reply Post Reply