Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'interesting' DJM-800 Fault!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickenfizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'interesting' DJM-800 Fault!
    Posted: 17 June 2010 at 12:35pm
OK, channel two works perfectly from the phono pre-amp in stereo, perfectly from the digital input in stereo but with the analogue line input it takes the signal from the LEFT CHANNEL ONLY and sends it on to both left and right!

My only conclusion is that it's on crack!

Makes no sense to me at all!
abbotsmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbotsmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 1:14pm
dodgy soldering? did it use to work, or has it been like this the whole time you have had it?
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 1:15pm
Sounds like dodgy/dirty switch, try a bit of cleaner and a wiggle.
music is the message
chickenfizz View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickenfizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 1:44pm
Thanks for the suggestions... turned out to be a very simple fault and I feel a bit daft for not realising what was the cause sooner.

A phono plug tip had been snapped off inside the mixer years ago by someone (not me!), I had forgotten that this was still hanging around in there, all that had happened was it had pushed so far through that the 'hot' pin wasn't making a contact and had also shorted the left and right hots together, resulting in the above fault. You can see the pin of the phono sticking right through the back and the bent metal in the photo.

Relieved that it's all OK though.
 Post Reply Post Reply