Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lighting question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie-ashton-solo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lighting question
    Posted: 21 July 2010 at 8:39am
Hi all, i have a question regarding my moving heads.

I have 2 showtec heads and 2 acme heads, i can control the acmes with the plug in remote, but the showtecs dont have this feature, what i would like to do, if possible is control acme head 1 and 2 with the remote and then link to the showtecs to copy the signal..

I have been told with changes to dmx address settings it can be done, can anyone help me any further?

Many thanks,

Jamie
Blaize110 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaize110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 8:50am
This will all depend on the DMX channel allocation. If you have the manuals, it should say in there. Otherwise there are usually PDF versions on the internet.

If they use the same channels for everything then you just need to change the DMX address of the showtecs to the same address as the ACME you want it to copy. That way it will listen to exactly the same instructions as the ACME.

However there may be some differences in the channel allocation. Pan and tilt are usually channels 1 and 2. But after that the gobo and colour wheels may be on different channels. This means that when you pair up he DMX addresses, when you control the colour on the ACMEs, you may control something completely different on the Showtecs.

Without looking at the manuals I dont know how well they would match up. If I get the chance i'll have a look later today. The manuals will also tell you how to chance the DMX addresses on the fixtures.
jamie-ashton-solo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie-ashton-solo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 8:54am
Hi, thanks for that, i get what you mean, but does that apply the same for a remote control as appose to the dmx controller? because thats what i want to control them with..

Thanks
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 9:41am
Does the acme controller work on the DMX protocol?
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
 Post Reply Post Reply