Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin Audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tintek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Tintek,have you got some 2" radials for the high end for that rig?

Still on the hunt for JBLs so sticking with beyma CP800TIs at the moment. I quite like them.

Just a quick question, how have you wired your 215s, in parallel or series?

Ive been playing with the idea to wire my cabs in series (theyre parallel at the mo)

Each cab PD154 loaded (wired in series) would be 16r so a stack of 3 cabs linked (in parallel) the amp would see 4r and 4 cabs linked 2r etc.

This could make more use of what power i have available from my C-Audios

What do you think?
Invading an electrical system you have no clue about, seperating the conductors of a ring while you find your Screwfix screwdriver, wiring in something "your mate made", I fail to see the problem here
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 3:59pm
Why didnt you buy John's (robbo) martin HF2's? they would have been ideal for your system.

Some of my 215's are in parellel,others i have wired each driver individual,so each driver has its own input socket....gives you the option of either running them as 2x 8 ohm loads,or with a simple jumper lead,a 4ohm cabinet.
Be seeing you.
tintek View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tintek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 4:13pm

Why didnt you buy John's (robbo) martin HF2's? they would have been ideal for your system.

Some of my 215's are in parellel,others i have wired each driver individual,so each driver has its own input socket....gives you the option of either running them as 2x 8 ohm loads,or with a simple jumper lead,a 4ohm cabinet.

I wanted to but just a bit too far away for me to be travelling. they were up for 350 but it would cost another 100 in petrol to collect. for that money i could buy another beyma and some bullets.

I was thinking of wiring each driver individualy after speaking with alex in warwick but dont really want to chop up the rear access panels too much. have you got any pics of your access panels with the individual set up?
Invading an electrical system you have no clue about, seperating the conductors of a ring while you find your Screwfix screwdriver, wiring in something "your mate made", I fail to see the problem here
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 4:19pm
why not just wire driver 1 to pins 1+ and 1- and driver 2 to pins 2+ and 2-. You'd need four core cable but it makes the system more versatile.
me so horny, me love you long throw.
tintek View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tintek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by biotec biotec wrote:

why not just wire driver 1 to pins 1+ and 1- and driver 2 to pins 2+ and 2-. You'd need four core cable but it makes the system more versatile.

that sir, is a great idea!!!!!!!!!!

why didnt i think of that? Confused
soundforyou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundforyou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 11:26am
Originally posted by tintek tintek wrote:

I wanted to but just a bit too far away for me to be travelling. they were up for 350 but it would cost another 100 in petrol to collect. for that money i could buy another beyma and some bullets.

I was thinking of wiring each driver individualy after speaking with alex in warwick but dont really want to chop up the rear access panels too much. have you got any pics of your access panels with the individual set up?

I bought them and built box's to fit 2" CD JBL 2425j the really sound sweet.
Life is Now
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 8:17pm
wheres mr Czechowski?
error 404
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 9:46pm
I still have one pair of HF 2 cabinets for sale with the huge JBL alnico 2" drivers on them in very good condition if anyone needs any----Cheers---John.
dim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 2:19pm
hi to you I do not know if you have them toujour but if you still have, you sell your system? And if it's you or I could find the same?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123