Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amateur Rigs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 1:10pm
Do tell???
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 2:06pm
Passive crossover in the tops cutting the 12 at 3.5k and then sat down with a bunch of resistors making L-pads till i was happy.. hooked the piezos in series too as this toned down the sound a little too. To my ears it sounded better wen i had finished as the top wasnt super harsh anymore and the mid had come back with a little extra clarity from the bottom end to.

Before hand they was just hard wired in parallel to each other (both the 12 and piezos) and wired straight to the XLR at the back. I also sealed the box internally as it was slapped together, so now there no air leaks either. I did something similar with the bins... they are rebuild big reds. Sealed alround internally with a little extra bracing. A new baffle to fit the new driver and stripped of the carpet and painted in a layer of tuffcab.

Again, this was all built to fit a purpose. If i turned up to pick it up and the drivers were blown or ripped... i just keep the £25 deposit and replace the cheap drivers. No one has ever argueed over the £25 to date and it made £75 a nite just sitting in peoples houses banging out music til i picked it up the next day.
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 2:07pm
...or did you mean my other projects? Lol
GEB View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 2:25pm
I meant your new project. Was interested what you had planned?
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 2:37pm
I wana have a go at upscaling an mth30 as i have one... another 2 on the way and as i like the sound of them so much by upscaling them the lower cut off rises to around 40hz (ish) so with little to no mods i wana see how well they play into the kick band like the 12" version does. Yes there are a few designs out there similar but i would like to have a go myself with a bit of trial and error building them and listening.

And wana build a few differnt 15" reflex subs for some of my 2.1 systems so i can achive a better kick from them.

I have 3 currently. 2x mycro6 and a tham 12. 2x sX100 and an MTH30. And 2x sX200 and a Q12.

I picked up a pair of ohm mr228s for pennies not to long ago so wana build another sub that plays high up (150ish) as the ohms dont like the kick band to much...

Lots of ideas rolling around my head. Just need to get building.... once i get some room back!! Lol
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 11:45pm
With upscaling, would you try and fit a 15" - could be a mth40
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2015 at 1:39am
....MTH38!
andycw View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andycw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 12:15pm
Not posted in a while!
hardly got the system out last year but here's a few snaps we got

No Bass No Fun
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by andycw andycw wrote:

Not posted in a while!
hardly got the system out last year but here's a few snaps we got

So glad you included the third pic - almost looks like "durex sounds" in this one... Wink
sureal25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sureal25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by GEB GEB wrote:

My little amateur rig (additional Cubo cabs in the pipeline)

Bottom to top: Cubo18's P-Audio E18-ELF loaded (42-90hz), Bass reflex P-Audio E12-300S loaded (90-200hz), Sealed Fane Sov 8-225 (200-2.8k), P-Audio 1" D25S (2.8-20k)

Mainly used as home music system, occasionally goes out though.

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

Thats amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

was it expensive??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041