Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

clipping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clipping
    Posted: 07 April 2006 at 11:00am

i spoke to one sound man and he said he ran his pre amp for the bass into clipping then though a graphic then into his amps,it sounded sort of fatter and the amps were no where near clipping and the mid/tops were very crisp no clipping at all,just wanna now if this will damge the bass drive units as the amp is fine  some of these big sound systems must do similar thing to get that fattness cheers

TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2006 at 3:37am

If it doesn't make the amps go into clip it should be fine. Some guitar players for instance use clipped/distorted pre-amps and over driven guitar amps to get a distintive sound.

Also I heard that distortion freaks sometimes let there amps for bass go into clipping and prefer the sound it gives [blinking clip] not solid clip otherwise bye bye drivers. Compression drivers would get fried by the slightest amp clipping however.

paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2006 at 8:39am
yup toxic i went to a dance in bilston west brom on fri night jah nucear sound and he had a linx 5kw mono on bass running 4 ass scoops just into clip and sounded really nice!!!!!!!!i like these custom bass amps with the strange bar grapgh on the front that bounces up and down
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2006 at 9:52am
I'm sure I definately now fully understand how important & how serious this amp clipping thing is.

As I've just lost a Void V-18 1000 watt driver using a low/medium powered Peavey Amp.
 Post Reply Post Reply