Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

blackpool linkup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancefloorwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: blackpool linkup
    Posted: 28 February 2011 at 9:03am
Not posted any pics of my system yet on here. This is a link up were doing this weekend.
Im putting in the USB's and the floodlights.

Its not often blackpool gets to here systems like this. Its sounded better than we thought as well
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 9:14am
Nice.
Whats the central white, flared cabinet??
dancefloorwizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancefloorwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 9:22am
Not too sure what it is. I dont think we really needed it but thought wed put it up anyway.
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 10:17am
I like em. Old school eminence vibes...
:)
Nick Sasquash View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Sasquash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 12:50pm
Those white flared mid tops (as are the scoops with white curved section) were part of the 'original' Operation Sound System i put together back in 1996...Clap :-)  
I sold them a couple of years back now, only due to weight & storage issues, they deliver serious sound.. really good to see the old set still strong :-))
https://operationsoundsystemrecords.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/OperationSoundSystem/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancefloorwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 12:51pm
anyone got any ideas on delay times when running scoops with usbs and floodlights? ive got the usbs and floods aligned but not got any info on the scoops were using
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by dancefloorwizard dancefloorwizard wrote:

anyone got any ideas on delay times when running scoops with usbs and floodlights? ive got the usbs and floods aligned but not got any info on the scoops were using

Nick Sasquash (the poster above you) would be the man to ask given he built them but I doubt in those days hey was using delays. Not too sure if he is using delays now. I would hazard a guess at 2.2 to 2.5m long but thats quite a variation in distance.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 3:01pm
Scoops have a direct radiating 18", so delay scoops the length of the USB horn.
music is the message
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 3:19pm
hmm, always thought scoops act more like a horn at there freq. band (less 100hz) in which case delay must be applied to anything above them to match the path length...
anyways, try both and go for what you prefer :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancefloorwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Nick Sasquash Nick Sasquash wrote:

Those white flared mid tops (as are the scoops with white curved section) were part of the 'original' Operation Sound System i put together back in 1996...Clap :-)  
I sold them a couple of years back now, only due to weight & storage issues, they deliver serious sound.. really good to see the old set still strong :-))

Yeah Al was saying they were from the original Operation system. Was it George you sold them to?
There still sounding good anyway, just looking forward to getting it all out now.

burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 5:22pm
The horn path comes partially in phase with the direct radiator, combining to give the increase in gain, so I would allign with the direct rather than the horn.  But I suppose it depends on what sound you want - upfront or laid back.
music is the message
Nick Sasquash View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Sasquash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 5:48pm
Yep sold them to George... great old boxes - just the weight!
https://operationsoundsystemrecords.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/OperationSoundSystem/

Post Reply Post Reply