Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any dual 18" ported designs that are 90cm wide?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any dual 18" ported designs that are 90cm wide?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any dual 18" ported designs that are 90cm wide?
    Posted: 06 May 2011 at 2:12pm

I realise that the drivers themselves are that size already so will need some form of V baffle loading or push/pull style mounting. I was wondering if there are plans already?

Does a V baffle make any changes to the sound? I was going to build a 400ltr box for the XB/Primes. Is it also possible that the V baffle and the port might interfere with eachother?
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 4:52pm
Build it push-pull with one behind the other (Logic Systems style) if it needs to be 90cm wide I reckon.
Don't test the champignon sound
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 5:02pm
How's that compare output wise?
Jez_3phaze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jez_3phaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 6:03pm
Have you set your mind on V sub?
How about a 218 manifold.
Beyma 25-9 (76.7 x 57.4 x 71.2)  or  EV MTL2 Just over  at (91.4 x 57.2 x 76.2)
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 6:09pm
I like reflex, it's the most versatile loading in my opinion.
VentureSound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VentureSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 2:14am
Do it push-pull like Meat says, its the same output as a dual reflex but lower distortion, which can only be a good thing. 
specialjustin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 5:23am
Originally posted by VentureSound VentureSound wrote:

Do it push-pull like Meat says, its the same output as a dual reflex but lower distortion, which can only be a good thing. 

I don't disagree, but if it's the case why doesn't everybody do it that way? 
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 8:13pm
Because it's more work and requires just a little more thinking. Also you lose a good few liters as half of the baffle has to be sat back something like 25cm
But totally worth the effort i.m.o.
Best regards,
Teun.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:12pm
If you make it a shallow V shape then it'll make very little difference at all.

Depending on how wide you intend to make the cab, you might be able to offset the drivers to each side of the baffle and squeeze them in on a the flat.  However that might only work with round framed drivers and not the squarer Fane ones.
 Post Reply Post Reply