Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

scoops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gramps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 7:41am
You'd need some kind of delay unit... Thing is though it'd be tough to do, as you'd be trying to get their output matched to both the direct radiating element of the scoop and the horn as well. Giving me a headache just thinking about it! 
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 9:13am
Have a look at this old thread..?

phasing / scoops etc thread

.p.
Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
abrupt View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:42pm
so does anyone know how a pair of reflex bins would sound on top of them then would this be a problem
its all about infrabass
Gramps View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gramps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 6:54pm
Should be fine, loads of reggae soundsystems use reflex cabs on top of there scoops and don't use any kind of delay or anything for them as far as I'm aware.
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 12:29am
For example the Iration Steppas boxes there use double 15 inch reflex above their 18 inch scoops, not sure if they use a delay though.

Looks like a 5 way rig to me, and the reggae pre-amps only go to 4 way, so the compression drivers and piezos must share the same crossover frequency.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 7:58am
Originally posted by jethrocker jethrocker wrote:

abrupt, this is pure opinion, there's every chance that the two designs would blend ok, but I'd go for more super scoopers everytime.

How come no one is mentioning the ASS design here? "A lot"  of the reggae systems I know (that still use scoops) swear by ASS copies + PD1850 = perfection.

I would like to know once and for all if both superscooper and ASS were loaded with an 1850 and "spanked" (preferably by crest 9001), which would drop deepest and deliver flattest response.

Comments?
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 6:12pm

I don't have any experience of the ASS scoops (not to my knowledge anyhow)...

Another opinion.. I'm not sure it's always the designs that drop lowest or have the flattest response that sound best for reggae. Super Scoopers sound wicked, as I said before, depending on what your ears like, and so do some other designs that are technically speaking, pretty crap. It all depends how you like to play them really.

UpComingSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpComingSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2006 at 1:49am
give thanks Mykey, but i cant find Volt or Pd1850 in the usa?
UpComingSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpComingSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2006 at 11:47pm
question anybody in the new york area build good super scoops or scoops? or do any one build them and ship?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12