Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dynacord problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dynacord problem
    Posted: 16 November 2011 at 9:39pm
ok here goes
in an install at a pub i had a dynacord mp7 which ive swapped out for a larger powermate 1000, now i seem to have a probelm with mic levels

when using the mp7 everything was fine ,i could get mic sound levels up to where needed

when i put the 1000 in ,im struggling to get decent mic levels even with the gains turned up

same mics used

so what am i missing guys ??????????

also maybe a daft question but when connecting an amp to the desk,are the jacks stereo or mono ?

many thanx
neil
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2011 at 2:08pm
The slave outputs are on stereo unbalanced jacks, so it doesnt really matter whether you use a mono or stereo jack plug to go to any slave amp. If you use stereo balanced leads then the mixer unbalances the lead for you either way.

re - low mic levels, what are the PFL levels like?

I dont want to insult your intelligence but you must go in on the XLRs for mics and use the jacks only for line levels. The inoput gain pots have dual calibration for each of the sockets if you look at the printed scales.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Post Reply Post Reply