Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Driver decision for cbe-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.M.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driver decision for cbe-18
    Posted: 12 January 2012 at 6:42am
Trying to decide on a couple low cost drivers for 2 cbe-18's. The two drivers I am looking at are the Peavey lowrider and the paudio c-18 650el. Yes I know there are much better drivers for the job but cost is big these days. Here is the kicker. I can get the lowriders for $165us. The paudio's would be $219. I am leaning towards the Peavey but welcome all opinions.......so.......opinions
jollygt78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jollygt78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2012 at 9:27pm
where did you find lowriders for that price if you don't mind me asking?  i do know that the lowrider doesn't sim very well in the CBe.  i looked into this option also.
B.M.F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.M.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2012 at 6:35am

I found them at Keraokeequipment.com after a bit of web searching. Just checked and their site is down right now. Also are sold by autotoys.com for the same price.

Dissapointing to find they don't sim well. I was told these drivers did quite well in tapped cabs. Not alot of affordable options in the States unfortunately. Used to be able to get P-Audio & Selenium pretty cheap but they have both gone up significantly over the last couple years. Wanted to use the tbx100's but can't get them for less than $300. I'm open to options if you have any.

Edited by B.M.F. - 18 January 2012 at 6:38am
B.M.F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.M.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2012 at 11:32am
Correct me if I'm off base here. When looking at a driver for a tapped horn I should be total Q at.3 or less ebp above 90 and bl 20+??
rhuet99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhuet99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2012 at 3:05pm
BMF
Stipe simmed some Eminence cones for me when I built mine.  You may be able to save some money that way.  I don't recall the exact models. :/  I built a variant that runs a 15.  The boxes were pretty robust running Eminence 3015LF. ( a good bit lighter as well)

Post Reply Post Reply