Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Monitor design...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 6:53pm

Edited by pope - 05 April 2012 at 6:59pm
pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 6:56pm
I bought the steel sheet with this "clover" pattern this morning. Expensive? I paid about 30 £ for a sheet with the size 1000x2000 mm and 1 mm thickness.
//pope
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 7:02pm
Hope they sound OK, those 2 top ends right next to each other look like they are going to cause some serious combing.

Stu
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 7:26pm
These monitors are for vocals and I think they sound terrific. I have compared them with other monitors. The bass needs some eq but the mid and high sounds crystal clear and very loud.
//pope
haymere View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haymere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:09am
If you dont mind me asking how did you steam the panels
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:02am
Excellent project, Was there a specific reason why you used 2 horns instead of one?
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:04am
Big thumbs up for the cabs and indeed they may well sound OK but when building bespoke boxes surely some thought should go into the choice of drivers and layout to fulfil "Form and Function".

For instance why the double comps? did you do any tests on the small mid driver before sticking it in the box as you admit it is an unknown device.

If you were just building a 1 off then OK it may not be that important but as there are multiple units you have obviously built them for a purpose.

Obviously they are your project, built presumably with your own money and resources but they have been stuck on the forum presumable for some critique so this was just my own 2 cents worth

I would hate others to think that you can just grab a load of drivers stick them in a box and have audio nirvana.

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 8:02pm

Hi!

Sorry for my late answer...

The cabs was rebuilded by me and was equipped with the same drivers as before. They sounded good so I didn´t change the double comps.The comps are connected in serial. I know its an unusual solution but why change if it works? I´m building cabs because its fun. I dont make any money of it and its my son who is using them for different events. (Yes I´m old...)

It took a lot of time to get the shape of the curved section but I thought it would be a challenge. The front and backside is made by two layers of 4 mm birch plywood with enforcement of five 18 mm pieces. The sheets of birchply was put in water for a couple of hours and bent over the night. I inserted polyurethane foam between. I was not sure if should rattle but it became very stiff. The bottom and baffle is 15 mm birchply

//pope

Edited by pope - 10 April 2012 at 8:25pm
SvempaPrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SvempaPrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 10:45pm
Pope, where in stockholm did you buy the punched steel? Just out of curiosity.

Bor där också :)
pope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 11:14pm
>>>>SvempaPrim
Plåtleverantören i Västberga
Dom hade 10-20 st 1 mm likadana som mina hemma. Påstod att dom var 0,75 mm men jag fick det till 1 mm med skjutmåttet. Kostade egentligen 470:- men dom tog inte kort och jag hade bara 430:- på fickan och fick den för det Smile. Dom har Liroma som grossist där du kan få andra typer av perforerad plåt om dom nu orkar ta hem enstaka förstås...

Sorry for the swedish... I just told where I bought the punched steel.

//pope
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12