Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blueroom minipods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2012 at 1:37pm
I think the circlip holding the tweeters in my minipods is because they're B&W, not Scandyna minipods.

The replacement tweeters don't fit after all, so now hunting out B&W replacements.  I think the B&W tweeters are still in production.  When I get a reply from B&W I'll post the details, just in case anyone else is in a similar position.
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2012 at 1:55pm
hey Domino, basic calculations are generally advised - although many manufactorers will just build something pretty that sells and sound/physics is an afterthought IMO.

For designing reflex/sealed cabinets like these [so the speaker cone - the driver, is 'surface mounted' in a sealed enclosure - box sphere etc - and may have a tuned port to compliment the speaker by changing the tuning resulting in for instance more bass]. Many other speaker enclosure design types are out there, but for the moment, i wouldnt worry too much about them [bandpass (boxes generally with one or more port holes driver hidden), straight horns (like a megaphone), folded horns, tapped horns, etc....

To calculate - most drivers will have published TS specs - this is the performance data of the cone. You can enter this into some free software such as hornresp, adjusting the box/port sizes until you get the predicted result you want, which is a 'flat frequency response'.

Anyways, there is tons of materials on this website - and can always post up questions and ideas for help developing on here, and someone will always give some guidance [and lots of dry sarcasm too, its all friendly really].

Give it a go - good luck!
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2012 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by domino domino wrote:

Oooh! Really like the first design.

(I'm a sculptor),
Well that's what I do when I make all my masters Tongue
migueldelrio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote migueldelrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 10:33am
Hi domino,

Did you ever find the replacement? I have to replace the tweeter on one of my Blueroom minipods too. If you didn't, did you find a workaround?

Thanks in advance!
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 12:44pm
I have a supplier of parts for the mini pods but the information is on my laptop at home so I'll post a link to them tonight when I get home.
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote migueldelrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 1:04pm
Excellent, I appreciate it. I assume you know but just in case: I can only use the original B&W parts, not the parts for the Scandyna versions. Thanks!
domino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 4:47pm
Hi there,

Yes, I ended up ordering replacement B&W tweeters through my local hifi shoppe - Oranges and Lemons in Battersea, SW11 http://www.oandlhifi.co.uk
There was some discussion as to whether any would be available, but turned out it wasn't a problem. Then fitting them was easy, 'cos they were the right ones...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote migueldelrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 5:57pm
Hi domino.

Awesome, thanks a lot. I already found them in the US but it's kind of a pain in the rear because I have to have a friend pay for them and ship them over as they do not serve outside the US. I'll check oranges and lemons and see if I get lucky.

Cheers!
Alistair1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alistair1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2015 at 2:51pm
Hi all,

I have a few pairs of B&W MiniPods that II have refurbished drivers awaiting install but the tweeters are a problem for me, I contacted the Oranges & Lemons guys but they couldn't help, I contacted B&W and they were less helpful so I am hoping someone can advise on a company that will return Tweeters in the UK or whether anyone knows of a suitable substitute to the original Tweeter?

Thanks

Al
Alistair1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alistair1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2015 at 5:06pm
I just opened up a new thread on this topic and have hopefully stuck a few pics up on that one...
http://forum.speakerplans.com/topic92775_post932073.html#932073
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12