Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

series/parallel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:42am
could run 2 banks of 3 in series 24ohm/2=12ohm and bridge the amp then your running 6 ohms a channel?
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
crystal.a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal.a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:40pm
Thankyou Timebomb sounds perfect can't find the specs to the xp5k now so not sure what it would be putting out at 12 ohms?

hell is just a word, the reality is much much worse!
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:32pm
See what you mean its not the easyest amp to find specs for...id guess as its called a 5k thats not rated below 4 ohms per channel then its about 2500W per channel at 4ohms, wich is 5000W at 8 ohms bridge (if it does bridge)so say about 3000W at 16ohms bridge and 4000W at 12 ohms bridge which into 6 drivers is 666W each.   
crystal.a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal.a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:45pm
so that should be fine across 6 pd154's then? :)

Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:58pm
Yeah would be about right id say,  assuming that amp does what i guessed it does, might be an idea to PM andy and check.
crystal.a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal.a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 3:09pm
good plan i think the amp will need to go back when i get it anyway it has a channel down so i'd best get in touch with him. 
Thanks for the advice 

jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 4:08pm
I would seriously suggest changing the amp. Or send the amp back to matrix for a 2r update thingy.

All this messing about sounds like a Carnival float...
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 9:48am
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

I would seriously suggest changing the amp. Or send the amp back to matrix for a 2r update thingy.

All this messing about sounds like a Carnival float...

Just what I was thinking. there's always the thing if the amp goes pear shaped you lose use of all the cabs too, (not good in a room full of punters) better in the long run to do it right the first time.
Either buy two amps or better still buy two amps and another pair of cabs and be safe.

Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12