Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT121 Brace??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MT121 Brace??
    Posted: 02 October 2012 at 11:25am
Would it make any difference to the sound if i put a brace in the mouth (not dental) of the MT121.

I know it doesn't need one, will be purely for aesthetics

i was thinking about it after looking at element5s mid-tops, not that style but something along the lines of......

Venny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 2:17am
I reckon it would look nice!
Predominant Culture Sound System - Roots and Culture

hulkeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 2:09pm
would it have an affect on sonic properties putting braces in the flare mouth though?

Ive sort of changed direction, im now building the 12" section of the mt121/122 and sticking a limmer 042 above it.  And am also toying around with idea of putting 2 vertical braces similar to f-ones res2.....??

all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 2:55pm
Being original is over rated anyways...

As long as you don't cover to much of the mouth area there will be little influence on the performance of the horn.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 3:49pm
as long as the wave length is longer than the horn then there should be no issues with this kind of thing..... as long as the bracing is minimal....
https://www.elements-audio.com
hulkeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 11:30am
Nice one guys still playing with the idea but will keep it minimal if i decide to go ahead :)
vmh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:16am
It's not how big it is, it's what you do with it!
 Post Reply Post Reply