Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Witch driver instead of the PD1850 aka witch amp
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Witch driver instead of the PD1850 aka witch amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2014 at 9:19am
I'd say the same: consider other boxes rather than drivers, the 1850 are good. Perhaps rcf lf18x451 can take a bit more beating (1800w rms & bigger xmax).

If you don't like scoops thereĀ“s other deepbass options like front loaded horns (flh), tapped horns (th) & perhaps short scoops as well or... reflex. I think X1 has two chambers out of perfect, same does cone & horn in a scoop and port & cone in a reflex. Closed box & Flh don't have this issue, just one output,  from what I hear th shouldn't have this issue either, whch is strange!
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2014 at 11:02pm
If anyone has built cabs, and want to test drivers in them, we are planning to do some tests of various 18" drivers over the coming weeks, you would need to be willing to travel to our warehouse in southampton with your cabs to do the testing.
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
Tengu Collective View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tengu Collective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 10:00am
Hi guys!

Again, thank for all the help & feedback in this thread.
We will get a inf8 mk2 after all Smile

bless
tengu crew
TENGU COLLECTIVE

The one original dubstep sound out the east of switzerland.

tengucollective.ch
facebook.com/tengucollective
soundcloud.com/tengucollective
soundcloud.com/djtaiken
highlander_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlander_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 11:41pm
so no comments on the turbomax b1000 in the X1's? haha just read through this whole thread hoping to find something on them! not that it hasn't been enlightening regarding everyone's opinion of the proline 3000, and scoops vs x1's...
i ran the turbomax b1000's quickly through winISD and got a better response than the void v18-1000. would love it if someone else could run it though and give me a shout on what they find. or even better no someone that had tried it...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456