Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT102 Construction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MT102 Construction
    Posted: 23 October 2004 at 1:25pm

I'm building a pair of MT102 units, slightly modified so that the base dimension is 578 x 578, so they sit on a HD15 perfectly.

Can anyone who has built these units impart some advise on the sequence to construct the slope and curved sides.  I was going to put the slopes in first, and then cut the sides to suit, but I then thought that it would be easier to put in the curved bits first. The curved sides could then be built against a former, and the dimensional drawing is for the plan section anyway.  The slope sections could then be cut to size afterwards, and then only two pieces would need cutting.

Joe Grime View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Grime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 3:36pm

Andrew,

I used a dado 6mm deep top and bottom to house the 2 curved sections, this saved formers at the back that add weight overall. Did the same at the baffle board.

Added the top and bottom flares after that with expaning foam behind. These were tricky to cut to follow the curves.

Steve

Post Reply Post Reply