Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traktor Audio 6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absulum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traktor Audio 6
    Posted: 07 June 2013 at 6:08pm
Hi,

Hope this is the right place to post this...

Basically i use Traktor Audio 6 with Traktor scratch pro 2.  Very occasionally halfway through a set there will start to be digital distortion, coming from all the outputs that have anything playing. It starts as barely noticeble, but increases over about 2 or 3 minutes, until the track is completely inaudible. Luckily so far its never happened during a gig, but need to get it sorted before it does! 

Has anyone experienced this? It goes back to normal after restarting traktor...

Cant seem to find any pattern in it either. Can happen straight away or after a few hours of use, and has happened in a few different locations.
Seems like a software issue, but it never does it when using a MIDI controller. 

Any suggestions?
Cheers :)
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 7:31pm
I would expect its a time coding issue. Probably the signal not being strong enough just out of interest are you using the Traktor multicore cable? I had issues with that also. Went on to singles and solved it.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
MSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 9:09pm
There is a firmware update on the native instruments website. That may fix the problem.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2013 at 12:33am
i use a traktor 2 i had a similar problem i disabled power management on the usb ports been fine ever since Smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Absulum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absulum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2013 at 12:03pm
Cheers.

Just done the firmware update. 
Im on mac and dont think you can disable USB power management...
And no not using multicore, signal strength from the timecodes is OK, often use direct through for playing vinyl and its fine for that too.

Problem is i wont know for certain wether anything has fixed it, as the problem happens so rarely!
If it happens again after the firmware update i'll report back :P

djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2013 at 12:29pm
I use Serato and sometimes its just best to check the relevant forum.
Also you can do an A.B.C Chart

A.What happened before,what were all your settings ie including non essential services running
B.What actually happened when things became inaudioble
C.What did you do to resolve it.

No matter how long it takes you will see a pattern emerging a bit crude but your still providing structure to problem solving.

Edited by djkeet - 08 June 2013 at 12:31pm
Soundbite
johnatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2013 at 6:05pm
I had alsorts of issues with traktor and my shitty dell 1545 laptop on Windows 7 
never had a single issue on my macbook pro, highly recommended if you got the cash. 
I have got the dell working fully with no problem now tho,

Just follow the video tutorials on the link below:  

will sort it right out mate
John
Edit: Sorry thought you were on a Windows, I use macbook pro and never had a single issue could maybe try reinstalling traktor if you havent allready

Edited by johnatron - 08 June 2013 at 6:09pm
Absulum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absulum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2013 at 10:26pm
cheers yeah im on Macbook pro, not the best but should be fine,4gb ram and 2.4Ghz processor, and not running at particularly low latancy or high sample rate either...

Post Reply Post Reply