Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bluetooth + FM input options

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by bitSmasher bitSmasher wrote:

In a moment of inspiration last night, I found these on DX and bought 3:
http://www.dx.com/p/866bt-digital-audio-mp3-player-module-w-remote-controller-bluetooth-sd-usb-black-302940
Imagine how the poor girlfriend feels, in bed at midnight on a Friday and all I'm interested in is browsing DX/eBay for system parts!

This unit looks interesting as it has separate volume buttons so hopefully I don't have to use the remote at all... it's only new so can't find reviews or info but I'll post back in a fortnight once i get one going

[edited - damn ipad typos]
Hi Bitshamsher, Wth Regards to the Module your buying there, ive just bought something similar of ebay. Does you or anybody know where can get the Connection plugs from as both my Amp and MP3 module wernt supplied with um. Need a two 3 pin females both ends and one 2 pin female.
Cheers 
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 3:47pm
6 weeks later... modules arrived!
Haven't had time to play with them, but I was planning to solder my connections to the pcb
That's the easy part,  getting a 12v to3.7v step down won't be fun
Another 6 weeks perhaps
microbug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote microbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 11:27pm
You need a LM2596 board from eBay. They are adjustable step-down (buck) converters, which by their nature are fairly efficient. Connect the input to your power supply (battery) and the output to your multimeter and turn the screw on the potentiometer (little blue box on the board, the screw is a golden colour) until the voltage reads 3.7V. Then connect the output to your module and it should work.

These LM2596 boards can be bought from China, but if you don't want to wait you can get them for AU$ 5 on eBay (I checked).

Sorry for the late reply...
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 11:57pm
awesome, thanks for the reply! found someone nearby selling 4 for $11AUD, that works for me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123