Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xilica/Void Digidrive let me down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 12:29pm
LEV IS BECOMING SUCH A SNOB THESE DAYS!!!

Big smile

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

LEV IS BECOMING SUCH A SNOB THESE DAYS!!!

Big smile

Try to sell a DCX or any Behringer equipment to Mich, and tell me what he says. Wink

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Tony Wilkes Tony Wilkes wrote:

Ray, as far as I can remember that Void model was actually a Digisynthetic unit,,,,,,,, nuff said :)

Tony

Indeed.  The Digidrive Lev tried last week then sent back was the original Digisynthetic model, also same as the OHM Cred controller and IMO, owning 3 of them myself are actually pretty good for the money.  Incidentally Lev, did you actually do any audio comparisons while you had it?

Not to be confused with the Mk1 Xilica made Digidrive (Silver) which was a rebadged XP3060 from memory and the topic of this thread.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by ceharden ceharden wrote:

Incidentally Lev, did you actually do any audio comparisons while you had it?

Can't really detail objective differences in audio quality, between the Digidrive Mk1 & DCX, as I was using different music source, to that normally used for testing bits at the unit.

Just got the feeling the Digidrive was cheaply constructed, and couldn't get over the difference in GUI between that & DCX. The way people talk about DCX, really thought it was bottom of the pile in every way. Guess not.

Edited by levyte357- - 20 October 2013 at 1:48pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Spartan Audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartan Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 1:52pm
DCX is ok if audio quality is not critical.
http://www.spartanaudio.co.uk
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 1:56pm

Indeed.  The Digidrive Lev tried last week then sent back was the original Digisynthetic model, also same as the OHM Cred controller and IMO, owning 3 of them myself are actually pretty good for the money.  Incidentally Lev, did you actually do any audio comparisons while you had it?

Not to be confused with the Mk1 Xilica made Digidrive (Silver) which was a rebadged XP3060 from memory and the topic of this thread.

Original CRED was a Harman unit. Then the CLEO was a digisynthetic unit and CRED MK2 was Linea Research.
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 2:02pm

Originally posted by Tony Wilkes Tony Wilkes wrote:

Ray, as far as I can remember that Void model was actually a Digisynthetic unit,,,,,,,, nuff said :)

Tony

Indeed.  The Digidrive Lev tried last week then sent back was the original Digisynthetic model, also same as the OHM Cred controller and IMO, owning 3 of them myself are actually pretty good for the money.  Incidentally Lev, did you actually do any audio comparisons while you had it

Chris,I had the BBE version and to be honest it did a job, I just found the interface mind boggling and general button feel etc let it down.

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 2:20pm
Sorry Pasi, got the CRED and CLEO the wrong way round.

The Digisynthetic versions have a user interface identical to the BSS Minidrive and while not the quickest isn't too horrific to navigate once you get into it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12