Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boombox/case build finished!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iboominate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 3:34am
It did alot , but i just need one more thing , a link to the relay you used , so i can get the specs and get one here where i live ive tried already but they dont seem to find one i know its dumb but i live in an undeveloped country..
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 1:15pm
Which shops do you have access to?

Edited by lutkeveld - 03 May 2014 at 1:15pm
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 2:05pm
You need to use whatever is easily available to you.
I just used a SPDT relay from my local Electrical wholesaler.
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
iboominate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iboominate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 8:30pm
Well spdt relays ive seen have way too many spec in regards to input ,outputs ,form ,function, ive been trying to fin one like yours but i keep running into the problem i dont know the specs, i know what it does and how it works and have the schem but havent found one that matches.

it has to accept 110v in my case and atleast 40 amps 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iboominate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 8:33pm
Commercially , Radio Shack i can also order from US shops fairly easily including amazon.

I know they must have it here in the electrical shops but i need all the specs of it , type , input , volt handling and a link to one could help too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iboominate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 9:30pm
http://download.homesecuritystore.com/downloadmanual.aspx?FileName=ELK-912_Install.pdf 

would this work?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iboominate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 8:47pm
Could you help me out , i got already all the parts including a relay  i just need help with the wiring diagram .

in shrtropes relay pic compared to mine his  "86" contact would be my wht/blk   his "30" contact would be my wht/blu his "85" my wht/yelw  Next "87a and 87" is where im lost .. any help?RIB Relay
mrbsfx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbsfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 11:22pm
Hey, great info on the boomboxes thanks, this has helped me with some ideas. I was just wondering if anyone knew the device containing the relay that switches between the battery and mains power safely? The only board I am aware of that does this is the Accusafe V3,5 which I've just bought (€24.99 EUR from the Netherlands), but am wondering if it's possible to salvage this part from something or make my own cheaper or get another one cheaper in the UK? Thanks for any advice.
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 3:46pm
Yes, it's based on 'Happer's Kratsafe 2.1' which can be DIY'd for around 10 bucks I think. 
mrbsfx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbsfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 4:08pm
Thank you very much, it's helpful to have a diagram. I will look into this. :) cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234