Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound Milan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerronimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound Milan
    Posted: 13 February 2014 at 7:01pm
Anyone experience with this series?
Especially the m12and m15.
Turbosound active speakers with klar teknik processing for under 500 per box?
Is this real turbosound quality or cheap chinese low budget plastic?

Edited by jerronimo - 13 February 2014 at 7:02pm
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2014 at 7:28pm
you get what you pay for......
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
jerronimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerronimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2014 at 7:54pm
Probably, did some research...
Did Uli also buy Turbosound?
The milan series sold now are made in china by behringer, the original ones were made in the UK.
Original series 1200 euro new series 500 euro...per box.
Have no idea if the new series are lower quality, or that somehow berry/turbo have managed to make something spectacular like the x32?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2014 at 8:33pm
yes, part of music group now. 
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 10:06pm
Heard the 12 and 15 models at my local dealer recently, they do sound good about on par with similarly priced options from EV, Mackie, etc and much better than anything with a Behringer badge on it, but the 15 doesn't produce much more bass than the 12" version so it simply can't compete a PRX 615.

Edited by Conanski - 15 February 2014 at 5:50pm
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2014 at 8:45am
Not bad for the price, not great either. Behringer boxes with turbo badges on them. Huge difference between the original turbo boxes and the new ones. No bass at all from the 15", much more suitable as a stage wedge than a front of house box. My mates use one of the 15's as DJ foldback and it does the job. Limits pretty hard when driven to silly levels and its not a nice sound but it will stop the drivers going pop.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
Claer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 1:11am
Originally posted by jerronimo jerronimo wrote:

Anyone experience with this series?
Especially the m12and m15.
Turbosound active speakers with klar teknik processing for under 500 per box?
Is this real turbosound quality or cheap chinese low budget plastic?

I have no experience with these but given that the Turbosound guys are now the F1 guys then these wont be real Turbosound quality.  To me its a bit like buying a recent TDL and expecting original TDL Studio quality
Panoramix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panoramix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 12:05pm
the aspect serie wasn't designed by tony i guess, but imho they sound lovely and have that turbound special sound.
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 5:10pm
The FK1 guys left Turbosound around 1992. This was soon after the parent company was taken over by AKG, who messed them about. AKG was in turn taken over by Harman, who messed them about even more. And it got worse with every subsequent change of corporate ownership.

The last Turbosound product designed at Hoyle Farm was the Floodlight. FK1 arranged for Tubosound to sell it under licence.

tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 10:46pm
Yeah what happened to turbosound?

Should I rather go for floods & flash than Aspects? (Can't afford F1)
I just picked up a bargain on some ta-500s, then I'm trying to buy some floods / flashs from some German company that seems kind of strange to trade with.

But it's kind of inconvenient always buying a whole systems of the speakers I want to hear:-) -Well I'll get rid of it easily!

Turboweb is screwed. I can't find manuals for lms-700 & tsw-218 1200W version and the ta-500 has fails as some specs from the ta-880 has popped in and suddenly it plays 146 dB & crosses as 450 hz (fail: 250 for 500 & 405 for 880)
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
 Post Reply Post Reply