Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MaxAmp gain settings?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2014 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by WesleyK WesleyK wrote:

Could be due the fact that the MaxAmps works from 5V to 14V.

Is the Maxamp based on Tripath 2020 ? Would it be safe to power it with a lifepo4 4S pack ?
Not sure if the "charging voltage" of 14.6V is what actually appears on a freshly charged pack after disconnection from the charger.

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
lutkeveld View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutkeveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2014 at 7:52pm
No, it's based on the Maxim MAX9744. Specs are here: http://maxamp.nl/en/specificaties/

Absolute maximum is 16v. 4S LiFePO4 or 3S Li-ion should work.
WesleyK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesleyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2014 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by slaz slaz wrote:

Could be due the fact that the MaxAmps works from 5V to 14V.

Is the Maxamp based on Tripath 2020 ? Would it be safe to power it with a lifepo4 4S pack ?
Not sure if the "charging voltage" of 14.6V is what actually appears on a freshly charged pack after disconnection from the charger.

It'll drop about 0.1V per cell pretty fast, so nope, no problem :).
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2014 at 7:25pm
Hey wesleyk!Do you recommend a burn in period for the maxamp?Just asking cos ive read somewhere that some class d amps need a burn in period to sound right...
"what!?"
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2015 at 11:38am

Other mods are a low pass filter, which can be made using the pads near the gain setting resistors to add a capacitor. This is a cheap and easy way to use a MaxAmp to drive a subwoofer.

Sorry for bringing up a old thread.

I am curious about the LP mod on the maxamp. You mention the pads near the gain setting resistors, i am currently looking at my maxamp20, and not sure witch pads you meen, there is so many!
I have already made a HP at one of my maxamps, is it the two pads in the middle of that line or is it the pads next to the chip?
What kind and sice of capacitor do you recommend and is it possible to do a HP and a LP like 40-100 hz?

It's realy and awesome amp you have made!

it's full of so many surprises!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123