Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

uneven compression in unknown 18 bph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 3:02pm
You're right, they could've blown for other reasons, one cone is stuck like sucked in the other is scraping. Still the question remains:

Should I try to alter the throat slot or just stick a new one in there, and wouldn't lw1400 be a better horn driver?
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 3:04pm
put the pics up and I'll tell you why they blew

after we know why they died we can think if you need to modify the horns
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 3:07pm
So you can't tell from the cab if it's a good loading or not?
How will you tell if you see the drivers? There's nothing to see really, just dead old good looking drivers.
I don't have the boxes or the pics here, when I get there it's to make them play, but I can ask the owner to post them.
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 4:02pm
if the loading was uneven, the cones should be damaged in a certain way, also the voice coils should have visible signs of rubbing only on a certain part of the former. and other signs.

I've seen enough blown speakers to know which signs to look for.

I think most likely, the damage was done because of the lack of a suitable highpass and too much power applied.
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 4:18pm
OK, I will try to rip out them cones out:-)

I was just asking about your opinion on the uneven loading, if it's all wrong I would do something about it before mounting a new driver. To me the slot looks strange.

Edited by tv00 - 10 April 2014 at 4:26pm
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Mircea Bartic Mircea Bartic wrote:

if the loading was uneven, the cones should be damaged in a certain way, also the voice coils should have visible signs of rubbing only on a certain part of the former. and other signs.

I've seen enough blown speakers to know which signs to look for.

I think most likely, the damage was done because of the lack of a suitable highpass and too much power applied.
exactly what i was trying to say BUT despite te fact tat english is my 1st [and only language] and english not being your main language you still wrote it better than me lol embaressed yes i am lol but yes exactly what i was trying to say :-]
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12