Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

echo unit repairs ireland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: echo unit repairs ireland
    Posted: 16 April 2014 at 7:19pm
Can anybody recommend someone who can repair old echo units in ireland? Preferably somewhere between belfast and dublin. I'm directly between the two and only moved here recently so not sure where to look/ask...

Thanks!
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2014 at 7:25pm
What kind of echo unit? tape/solid state? 
purple monkey dishwasher
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2014 at 7:28pm
It's a Roland sde 2000. And while it's there I wouldn't mind a service of a boss rdd-20.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2014 at 10:32pm
joey in dublin is supposed to be good. http://proaudiorepairs.net . he's on here as jobo i think.

welcome to ireland btw. where have you moved to? dundalk or newry or somewhere? i know a guy does a lot of gigs in dundalk who's pretty handy, i could ask him if he fixes bits or knows someone.
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2014 at 11:14pm
Great thanks. I'm in carlingford right between the two. Both are only 15 mins drive so that could be handy. Dublin only an hour away too so not too bad.. I bought the roland unit from eBay and brought it to ireland with me, but it's not working so it may get sent back, but since it was bought from London it might cost too much to post from here, hence thinking of just getting it fixed here and hopefully the seller will contribute. Would rather have it working than have to get rid of it anyway. Either way it would be good to know someone who's handy at fixing these things in the area.
Cheers
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2014 at 11:54pm
just bought a sde2k myself, great units, gona get another for delay, grainy 80s tech Thumbs Up
heard good things about this man but probably expensive www.retroactivesynth.com

purple monkey dishwasher
discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2014 at 12:49am
Welcome to Ireland man!! 

Stick the feet up and enjoy! :) 
Masai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2014 at 12:52pm
Alright guys! Just thought I give you a quick heads up with these units as I've had experience repairing them....

If I remember correctly the A-D/D-A converters (PCM451?) are no longer available and there is no substitute as far as I can recall. Obvious I know but make sure you check the inputs and outputs thoroughly or else you will end up with non working relic from the 80s!
Facebook: Masai Judah
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2014 at 11:17am
Thanks for the tips Masai, and for the warm welcome to the emerald isle ireland crew!

Not sure what to do about the unit. it's like it's just getting no power to the delay section. sound goes through when bypass is on, but when it's off and I should be getting delay I get no sound. Only got the delay time LCD and the modulation lights working. the rest seem dead. but hoping the guy I bought it from will offer to pay/contribute to a fix before I get a repair sorted. Thats the trouble with posting old things like this I suppose, could have taken a fatal knock in transit.
 Post Reply Post Reply