Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

modified eminence scoop plan?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kr1sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 10:28pm
is the shortman mini scoop "all that" as its being compared to the dubsub
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 10:30pm
No. The shortman mini scoop is great, but you can't turn them up without losing your precious drivers

I liked them when i heard them and thought what a shame it was not to get them right

Then i decided to do something similar that was all
Mykey Wattco
kr1sounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kr1sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by KidCreole KidCreole wrote:

No. The shortman mini scoop is great, but you can't turn them up without losing your precious drivers

I liked them when i heard them and thought what a shame it was not to get them right

Then i decided to do something similar that was all

or even better 8)
PinHole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinHole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 12:35pm

the one on the left is a spike that goes up your jacksy and the one on the right is a tear drop from your eyes

Na no jokes. Left is dropping off fast (steep slope) and right is shallow slope

LOL

OK, I understand.
Great explanation and very helpful information for Speaker Plans forum followers.
Tells us a lot about your way of thinking (jacksy focused).

Signature is important. So I always write something in this dedicated field.
PinHole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinHole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 1:03pm

Originally posted by PinHole PinHole wrote:

So what technically nominates this new iteration of DubSub for "Scoop" name?
folding scheme?! ...definitively no ,  basic scoop principle (chamber- throat- horn- mouth) ...hmm no.
So what makes it "scoop" 

I see this more as double chamber (series chamber) LVR (large vent reflex) with flared port in this case more than "scoop" in any theoretical or practical aspect.  Ermm

BLH back loaded horn aka scoop

no double chamber. Single rear chamber plus absorber chamber

did you see it? was you quick enough

OK also another great explanation thanx.
BTW back in time you (KidCreole aka few versions of Mykey) insisted and preached all over scoop forum that "scoop" can be named only a classic or classic alike folded cabinet with mandatory CURVED "scoop part" and that other designs with different folding scheme or without "scoop part" can be named Back Loaded Horns at the closest. OK?!
But now, suddenly, cabinet with pretty hybrid design scheme and shape becomes "scoop" ...maybe just because it is popular suffix in roots/reggae circuits so you hope it may improve your acceptability factor and sales.

So fine with that but;
You forget that for a good sales you have to do good marketing/hype (what you more or less do good here) BUT you also have to MANUFACTURE cabinets AND BRING them TO THE  targeted MARKET in some reasonable period at least so someone interested can buy it and use it on real gigs and not just worship virtual divine perfection what was regular practice with almost all your revolutionary designs in past decade.

It is not honest to potentially interested customers to cozen them for months (or even years) and never provide what you promise. 

Other long-time forum members or scoop seniors here may comment on my statements here if you or OP think that I am talking some BS

P.S.
I have bolded some important keywords above so you can easy spot points where you constantly fails.
I hope this helps and I wish you all the best (you believe it or not)

love and peace bro's 

Edited by PinHole - 21 July 2014 at 1:08pm
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 8:20pm
edit Thumbs Up

People just haven't got the money these days. And far to many builders that will come and go

I'll do a sketch to make the image easier for you

Not going to reveal all because that would be silly. But here is a very rough idea of what is going on inside the DubSub 'scoop'  BLH

Big smile

Edited by KidCreole - 21 July 2014 at 9:12pm
Mykey Wattco
PinHole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinHole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 9:23pm
Now this is something that brings back meaning to SpeakerPlans forum/idea discussions! Thumbs Up
Of course nobody expects that you reveal all tricks and details of product that you aim at commercial market.

...I know that I had have a bit "poking" tone in some of my previous posts but I believe that you will not grudge on me (you love that style to ;)  )  

All the best 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345