Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving Heads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2014 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Biggus Biggus wrote:

I've not got that far yet Jace, I've only just started doing my research so I'm looking for recommendations of what brands etc I should be looking at. I really hope LED was going to be there but nothing seems bright enough at the moment.

I would have a look at that first as some brands make better 575's than they do 250's etc.

The lighting game is ruled by the power you have to play with.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2014 at 12:23pm
Quote I really hope LED was going to be there but nothing seems bright enough at the moment.

Given you've just said 'must be discharge' we don't even know what sort of discharge fixture you're after. There's a lot of difference between 250/2, 575, 700, 1200, 2R, 5R, 7R, etc so it might be good to know where you're aiming for first.

Also, what have you looked at in the LED market in order to determine it's not bright enough? This might help people suggest a fixture that IS bright enough.

Also, your budget of £750, is that per head, or total? If its total, you may not able to be too choosey.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Stretch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2014 at 1:10pm
In terms of budget we're initially aiming around £750 per head. This may increase depending upon what's available at that price point.

Edited by Stretch - 29 July 2014 at 1:12pm
Biggus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2014 at 1:14pm

Not discarded LED, but the fixtures I have seen (disco dave stuff) I've not been impressed at the output, I'm figuring a decent output LED fixture will be out of our price range.

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2014 at 1:29pm
This is an interesting video.
Buying from Thomann is a 'good thing' as you get their 3 yr warranty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fesovP_FYO0

I was going to suggest looking at the Showtec Indigo 5500 (bigger brother to the 4600, of which i own 6) but it looks like its discontinued. Shame, as Musicstore in Germany were doing them for under £500
Biggus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2014 at 1:39pm
I like Thomann, I bought some ST132's from them and service was good. The 3 year warrenty thing is one of the reasons I'm considering budget movers. We aint a big hire business doing multiple rigs everyday.

The Indigo 5500 doesn't look bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doqm1ruYqns

I think I need to go see some LED heads to see if there will be suitable as I can see there will be only be a plus due to not getting hot and not drawing as much power.

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2014 at 1:45pm
I can run 6 spots and 6 beams all from a 13A plug with power to spare. what's not to like!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2014 at 7:20pm
I have some mac500's here (MSR575 lamp) and they are only very slightly brighter than these Coemar iSPot150's I have here (CDM150-S/AT lamp). Forget an MSD250, crap dim lamp.

I'd avoid budget led lights of any type. The leds are invariably overrun or undercooled for maximum impact in the shop and during the warranty period followed by short LED life much after.

The last new, budget discharge fixtures I installed were Futurelight (CDM150 lamp). Very pleased with them but you have to buy the lamp as a seperate item.

Second hand I'd recommend something like a Robe clubspot or Futurelight rebadged version, SGM Giotto Spot or Coemar Prospot.

FYI I often repair in-warranty Thomann stuff becuase when the client finds out the carriage charge back to germany they opt to pay to have it repaired...its cheaper....

Kevin

North Staffordshire

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2014 at 7:25pm
You might get Robe 575's for that money, they certainly blow the socks off the MAC500
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 1:16am
Not me selling them but have a look here
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 2:15pm
We have some SGM Giotto spot and wash 400's - bloody brilliant for the money and built like tanks.
We've had much less issues with them than the High End Studio Spot / Color 575s we've got - though the High Ends are like a Swiss watch inside
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 7:08pm
Just bought a pair of futurelight phs 200 heads with a twin case for little money. Are these rebranded Robe heads?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123