Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eminence Beta 10 CBMRA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2014 at 1:03pm

The compression driver should be around 40 years old. It offers a 2.5 inch voice coil if I remember correctly as it is a midrange compression driver. The Frequency Response of the compression driver is 300 Hz – 3 kHz at its rated wattage although, with the horn it can reach to around 8 kHz before a heavy decline in the frequency response.

As it was much faster to just piggy back the input of the compression driver amplifier to another amplifier using the Eminence Beta 10CBMRA loudspeakers, I just lowered the crossover point from 250 Hz to 200 Hz. No, the 250 Hz setting is not aimed towards Home High Fidelity. That is setting I used on that compression driver/horn for sound reinforcement before retiring it in early 2000 and buying EAW KF 750s.

The amplifier used to power the compression driver in the youtube video is a Crown Powerbase 2 and, the amplifier to power three Eminence Beta 10CBMRA loudspeakers was one channel of an AB Precedent 600 (First Generation).

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 26 September 2014 at 1:05pm
Elliot Thompson
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2014 at 12:47am
The amplifier for the Eminence Beta 10 CBMRA arrived 20 minutes ago. The PV 2600 will feed each driver 450 - 500 watts from 125 Hz on up. I am planning to pick up another 2600 and 3 more Eminence Beta 10 CBMRA  totaling 8 drivers possibly in a week or so. I will keep you updated.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12