Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behringer B208D

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Behringer B208D
    Posted: 28 September 2014 at 8:00pm
Anybody heard these? Not expecting much from a £100 active cab, but if all the bass is being fed to a sub might they be passable?
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2014 at 10:04pm
second hand is your friend. Smile
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 7:25pm
What do you mean? I should be looking for second hand active cabs? Second hand B208D?
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 11:45pm
i mean a used different speaker, i think 200 pounds would be better spent towards used speakers, ive not heard the behringers but hay i dont think id want to. Cry
IanD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2014 at 12:04pm
Usual anti-Behringer attitude -- they might not be anywhere near as bad as you think, and you'd have a job getting anything much better second-hand for the price, especially if you want something that small and light. If anyone's tried them and they *are* crap that's different, but don't write them off if you haven't.

Not all Behringer gear is cheap badly built crap nowadays, some of it's good (or very good, see digital mixers), and it's always exceptionally cheap due to being mass-produced in China in modern factories where Behringer have invested a lot of money to make a lot of product. If you don't like that then you can buy something made in smaller volumes in the West for a lot more money, but don't think this automatically makes it better...
Shaun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2014 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by IanD IanD wrote:

Usual anti-Behringer attitude -- they might not be anywhere near as bad as you think, and you'd have a job getting anything much better second-hand for the price, especially if you want something that small and light. If anyone's tried them and they *are* crap that's different, but don't write them off if you haven't.

Not all Behringer gear is cheap badly built crap nowadays, some of it's good (or very good, see digital mixers), and it's always exceptionally cheap due to being mass-produced in China in modern factories where Behringer have invested a lot of money to make a lot of product. If you don't like that then you can buy something made in smaller volumes in the West for a lot more money, but don't think this automatically makes it better...

Well said
No, it is not a line array it is some well stacked boxes...............
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2014 at 12:17pm
My mate niki had a berry monitor for mixing (house and trance) and he rated the JBL eon over the berry... he blew his berry inside of 6months and he didnt like the sound of the cab itself. I'll find out the model for you.... not saying all berrys are shite but he said the one he had just sounded horrible.
he currently uses an LEM active monitor to mix with now and does like the sound of that..... i'll find out all the models and prices for this "review" and hope it gives a little help in the choise you make
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
IanD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2014 at 2:38pm
Like I said, some of their stuff is cheap and nasty -- particularly the older gear -- and some isn't -- particularly the newer gear.

For sure, at a given quality point -- low or high -- nobody else can compete with them on price, it's all down to the economics.

And they did use to copy other people's designs (often badly), but recently they've been coming up with really innovative gear which nobody else has done -- look at the just-announced X18R mixer, a full 16-channel digital mixer in a stage box, remote-controlled from computers/tablets/phones. For $800...

Edited by IanD - 11 October 2014 at 2:41pm
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2014 at 4:05pm
I ended up with a pair of Brooke INH-8 & 50 notes left over to put towards an amp :)
 Post Reply Post Reply