Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aluminium Plate Supplier..?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gramps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aluminium Plate Supplier..?
    Posted: 23 October 2014 at 10:05am
Anyone know of a relatively decent and cheap supplier of Aluminium Plate? Looking for ~16mm thick BTW, and a fair old chunk of it.

Many thanks,

G
To do a dull thing with style - now that's an art.
audiomik View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2014 at 10:35am
Gramps
where are you located?

otherwise do a search for "Aluminium Stockist ****"   where '****' is a large city where, or near to, you are?

You might find that 16mm thick plate is only to order though as a full sheet.....

hope this assists

Mik

Edited by audiomik - 23 October 2014 at 10:36am
Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2014 at 11:10am
Well this place might be worth a call :-

http://www.onestopmetalshop.co.uk

.... used to be down the road - Hackney Road - from me - were great for nuts & bolts and bits and pieces. Proper geezers in there - would hunt for unusual/obscure stuff for you etc.

But they've moved now - delivery only I think.
Horrible website ..... best to just call em methinks.

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2014 at 11:56am
http://www.aluminiumwarehouse.co.uk  been using thease guys recently and cant fault em.  Looks like they dont do full sheets of 16mm but they do sell 16mm cut plate. 
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2014 at 12:24pm
Metalsupermarket are pretty good and usually have a branch not too far away.
Gramps View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gramps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2014 at 3:53pm
Thanks guys.

I'm located in Brighton/London, and we've found one supplier who could do the plate cut to size, but it seemed pretty pricey. We'd like to get a price on sheet that we can cut ourselves, as that would be more cost effective, so I'll try the suppliers that you've suggested and see what's what.

Cheers,

Gramps
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2014 at 5:03pm
http://www.lasered.co.uk/get-a-quote.html

Try this bunch... We had a couple of quotes off them for some aluminium parts we were after.

If you get the stuff cut to size, there's potential for it to be more cost effective as there's less wastage.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2014 at 6:14pm
what is this for? ive been having alot of fun trying to find the "strips" of alu finning like you get on amplifier output stages to use to cool down the drivers on some very long flh subs [the modded version of amano's lab18 and also on our 186 horns i think it would help alot] any one know where this could be found cheap? btw gramps seen the pics of your new system and i have to say............. [isnert some joke insult here] on a serious note i need to come hear it sometime soon, heard the terras before with the coffin kick bins and some turbo floodlight modular mid tops, and it was well to say the least.... awesome :-] well done on the rig looks very tastey :-]
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2014 at 7:17pm
^^^ google extruded aluminium heatsink
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2014 at 7:46pm
Yeah, what he said. Unfortunately it is never that cheap. The only cheap way to get  them is dismantling old kit.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2014 at 8:03pm
thats my plan b lol buy a load of blown amps and yeah i did google aluminium heat sync extrsuians etc i weill try again lol
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Gramps View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gramps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2014 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Mark James Mark James wrote:

what is this for? ive been having alot of fun trying to find the "strips" of alu finning like you get on amplifier output stages to use to cool down the drivers on some very long flh subs [the modded version of amano's lab18 and also on our 186 horns i think it would help alot] any one know where this could be found cheap? btw gramps seen the pics of your new system and i have to say............. [isnert some joke insult here] on a serious note i need to come hear it sometime soon, heard the terras before with the coffin kick bins and some turbo floodlight modular mid tops, and it was well to say the least.... awesome :-] well done on the rig looks very tastey :-]

We're making some hatches for the Terra's, to help cool the rear chambers. Might be able to help you if you want something custom to fit your cabs? We'll be CNCing in channels to increase the surface area/act as heat sinks. Gimme a shout if you fancy a chat, or better still come see us when we've got the rig out.

Cheers,

Gramps. 
 Post Reply Post Reply